88 Sou'Wester original tank

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erik_L

Reaction score
Ok, so my 88 Parker Sou'Wester 21 is equipped with a 65 gallon fuel tank made by AFP (Aluminum Fabricated Products) out of florida. Ideally, I would like to put a 95 gallon tank in it when the time comes to retire the original tank. Has anyone done this? Trying to figure out what unexpected surprises I could encounter trying to go with a bigger tank. Thanks again everyone for all your knowledge and help. 20210523_165908.jpg20210814_100014.jpg20210514_070115.jpg

Do you have a floor/ stringer drawing? Only surpises will be fitment. Once the deck is removed you'll find out where it can be extended either fore or aft up to the bulkheads if it isnt already. My 1801 has a 60 gal tank and there is room aft if I wanted to go larger. With your 21' I would suspect you'll have more room as well. I've even considered, when (not if) the time comes, on maybe going with a smaller tank forward justified and utilizing the extra under deck space as a fish/storage locker.
Great boat by the way.

Back