90 gallon bait tank an issue on 2520 sc?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyliner

Reaction score
Hey All, would there be any issues or concerns putting a 90 gallon bait tank on a 2520SC with a 250hp Suzuki 4 stroke? I realize that's about 750lbs of water weight plus bait.

Couple that with a few coolers half full of ice and a bunch of tuna gear and maybe 650lbs of people. Your thoughts?

I for one cannot imagine you'd ever need that big of a livewell! I use a 55-gal drum where the water level is maybe 8" down from the top, so probably 40-45 gallons. I keep mackerel, pollack and menhaden/pogies (those being the MOST fragile baits I know of ... ) alive all day and at the end of the day I will have livies left.

For BEST livewell use and life of baits, the tank inside must be painted or colored dark green or blue. We (in the Northeast) have proven to ourselves that baits in dark tanks live and last longer than baits in white or beige tanks as the baits are LESS stressed.

That said, a Suzi DF250 with a PowerTech 4-blade prop (call Ken @ http://www.propgods.com) will provide tremendous torque with that huge 16" diameter wheel and the balls to push it! FWIW I once ran out with 2 people, 60-gals fuel and gear and then next day had 10 aboard, same fuel load, all gear & coolers for a day at the beach, and ran in the same stretch of water for a comparison test using my fuel computer. She only ran 1mph slower at the same RPMs and she still just about reached the redline @ WOT.

Suzi OBs with that HUGE prop and torque are 'de bomb' for large boats like Parkers. And with the gear ratio, I find the DF250 to be a far better choice than their DF300.

I for one cannot imagine you'd ever need that big of a livewell!

I agree....Your getting into a size that baffels would come into play due to sloshing....But baffeles don't work in Livewells.

Back