99 2520 Modified V sending unit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric_1

Reaction score
Can anyone help me out with the manufacturer and part number of the fuel gauge sending unit for a 1999 2520?
I had a new tank made and the old sender was lost (it wasn’t any good anyway)
Thanks in advance

The flange on the tank is universal, so it will fit pretty much any sender from any manufacturer. There are lots of options, mostly based on the depth of the tank, which you can easily measure.

A lot of the decision will be based on what you’re using for a fuel gauge. If it’s a traditional gauge, pretty much anything will work. If it’s going to a digital gauge through a NMEA network, there are some different requirements.

The flange on the tank is universal, so it will fit pretty much any sender from any manufacturer. There are lots of options, mostly based on the depth of the tank, which you can easily measure.

A lot of the decision will be based on what you’re using for a fuel gauge. If it’s a traditional gauge, pretty much anything will work. If it’s going to a digital gauge through a NMEA network, there are some different requirements.
The boat is in the process of being refit with new motors and new electronics. I hadn’t thought of NMEA integration of the gauge but makes total sense.
What sender would I need to accomplish that?

All the senders are the same standard. All you have to do is measure the depth of the tank and select the sender you would like. My tank is 16.25" deep. I put in a 16" sender. When the bottom bar starts flashing it will get quiet very soon. My tank came with a 13" sender for a "reserve."

Type in the length that you want preceded by "SSL" into your search engine and you will find a selection. Example SSL16 = Wema-System SSL16 | Fisheries Supply

What ever you do.. Install a Reed style sender... Not a cheap float arm switch... WEMA is one...I opt for the units by Moeller.

Speaking as someone who has built 100s of replacement tanks don't go with any replacement other than WEMA. There are cheaper units available but you do get what you pay for. If the customer is just hell bent and determined to save $20 on a $500++ tank I will put a cheaper unit on but I tell them I will not warrant the unit.

Back