A wounded Vet and his family on the Parker

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goinsfishin

Reaction score
My neighbor was hosting a vet wounded in Iraq and currently recuperating at Walter Reed AMC, and his family. They have been living in a small hotel/apartment at the hospital since January.
Kevin (neighbor) asked if I would be willing to take them for a ride in the Parker. Jeff, his wife and 4 kids aged 5 thru 13.
We went out of Deale around noon, had lunch and swimming at Rhodes River, went out and trolled for Stripers unsuccessfuuly for a couple hours. Rode back to Holland Point and knocked down perch and croaker this evening. called it a day and returned around 8:00.....
Everyone had a good time...especially the kids....and especially fufilling for me to be able to share my Parker and lifestyle.

I was wondering if any of you other guys on the Chesapeake would be willing to donate a day in your boat for a deserving vet and their families?

Our entire community has been involved and we as a group will be making arrangements to host another family for a weekend.

Any one else willing to step up and help out guys who have literally given their A** for US?

Being a veteran myself, you and your family are to be commended for your actions. The world needs more people like you and yours. I my area there are no tools in place to perform these activities, for I would surely give my time whenever necessary.

These brave men and women deserve it.

Tom

I would be honored to take a hero and their family fishing. My email address is [email protected] . I will need them to be flexible with the dates as I am going to South Carolina for the next two weekends then we move July 13th. I could do a late July or August date.

Here's a photo from X-Mas 2005, not the best focus photo of my brother.

Full time Guard, went to Iraq for Desert Storm then went a couple years ago again.

Shows him looking at a shotgun my wife and I gave him for that Christmas. He had rebuilt my boat trailer that summer and didn't want any money.

He takes my boat out usually once a summer with some Army buddies.

Dana

Attachments

• DSC02273 (Medium).JPG
    DSC02273 (Medium).JPG
    25.6 KB · Views: 681
Thanks guys, I"ll see what we can put together and be in contact re: scheduling.
As a footnote, I had a five year old girl on my deck early this morning giving a big bear-hug to her newest bestest friend - Joe Da Dog, who is my regular fishing companion and was with us on Saturday too. It was a busy boat !!

goinsfishin":45b3jan1 said:
As a footnote, I had a five year old girl on my deck early this morning giving a big bear-hug to her newest bestest friend - Joe Da Dog, who is my regular fishing companion and was with us on Saturday too. It was a busy boat !!

thats really cool :D . i work part-time as a mate on an inshore charter boat, (boat's a Maycraft 2700 center console that REALLY needs nonskid) and we had a charter with two kids and their parents, the youngest was a 5 year old girl. my assignment was to help her, and since we were in a huge bluefish blitz, it was not hard to catch fish. it was really cool watching her get all excited as she reeled in the fish, i had to hold the rod for her b/c these were pretty nice bluefish. i think she got around four before she got tired, but it felt really good knowing that she had a good time :)

Back