Anchor blocking ideas

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunot

Reaction score
Need some ideas from Parker experts.
I installed a new anchor on a bow pulpit with an anchor roller and seeking ideas on how and what to use to secure the anchor once it is up. I have a cleat next to the pulpit and wondering how to secure it to the cleat for safety and from vibrating.
thanks in advance.
Bruno Tonin

I made one with a small caribiner, a piece of coated cable and a small turnbuckle. The caribiner hooks to the cleat and the open end of the turnbuckle hooks into a chain link. As I turn the turnbuckle it snugs the chain up tight. I’ll try to remember to get a pic tomorrow

A Bungee cord I would not trust.....Seen to many break.....+ it has steel S hooks that will rust and create stains.

What I used Was Parachute cord [3/16] It stayed attached to the anchor....When anchor was stowed.....parachute cord was tyed to the cleat.......Parachute cord is easy to tye......It's also easy to untye and especially after being wet.

Need some ideas from Parker experts.
I installed a new anchor on a bow pulpit with an anchor roller and seeking ideas on how and what to use to secure the anchor once it is up. I have a cleat next to the pulpit and wondering how to secure it to the cleat for safety and from vibrating.
thanks in advance.
Bruno Tonin
Our boat came with a white-vinyl-coated stainless-steel cable with bronze 'snap' hooks on both ends. One end is attached to a stainless steel 'eye', bolted to the deck. The other end, I clip to a link on the chain. We have a windlass that holds the anchor, chain and rode securely, but I still like the added safety of the cable..... The only thing I don't like is having the need to go to the bow to release the cable when I use the anchor. In our past boats I used a length of nylon line tied through a link in the 3/8 " chain, then tied to the bow-bollard...

Keep it simple: parachord ( doubled over on itself): "looped through a link and cleated off: takes 30 seconds ( or less) to undo: no drilling into the pulpit or topside.

I for one sure would not use any soft cordage material. A coated stainless lanyard works perfectly. I initially looped it around the bow rail, then moved it to the cleat so it was under some tension to take the slack out and hold it off the deck to insure the anchor can't move more than an inch.....

YUjpQN.jpg

I bought a product called Linegrabber for my anchor hold down. I understand your concerns and did a lot of research and didn’t want any type of metal cable just in case the plastic rubbed off and the exposed wire would rust on the boat or cut through the fiber glass.
The research shows:
It is a ultra high modulus fiber item. Holds up to 2,000 lbs.
Super abrasion resistance and tough enough to grab an anchor chain.
As my photo shows it’s tied off at my cleat where the strength is and releases some pressure off my anchor system.
I bought it on Amazon for $16. The item comes with two sets. One longer than the other and I looped it together to get the length I needed. So far it works great.

Latest posts

Back