Anchor locker bitter end connection point?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southofblock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2018 2501 Where located?

Can not find any tie off point. Not much access. The Fluke anchor cutout opening is small (seems to be designed for 14#, which is a bit light for 5000# boat).

2018 2501 Where located?

Can not find any tie off point. Not much access. The Fluke anchor cutout opening is small (seems to be designed for 14#, which is a bit light for 5000# boat).
It's usually in the very bottom, forward part of the anchor locker. And as in the case of a 2013 2520, it's a thin metal piece with a hole, that's bolted to the bolt that holds the bow-eye trailering hook.... If for some reason they didn't install one, get a small piece (3.5" X 3.5" X 1.5") of a pressure-treated 2 X 4, drill a 1/2" hole in the center of the 2X4, pass the end of the anchor rode through the hole and tie a figure-eight knot in the end of the rode. This will serve the same purpose of the anchor locker tie off for the bitter end; it will prevent the loss of the anchor, chain and rode in the event all anchor line is played out. The 2 X 4 is too large to pass through the hole in the pulpit.

Last edited:
Thank you Andy, like the simple wood fix. I saw that tab with hole. Arm fully extended is 28” and couldn’t reach, like being able to touch the rim but not able to dunk.

Thank you Andy, like the simple wood fix. I saw that tab with hole. Arm fully extended is 28” and couldn’t reach, like being able to touch the rim but not able to dunk.
I had to get part of my body into the rode locker to reach it, but chose not to use it. The 'tab' with the hole does not seem very substantial, and has raw sharp edges. If it came into play in rough seas with the bow slamming up and down, it could chafe/cut the anchor line. I use the 2X4 method on our Parker, and have also used it on our past four boats. It's simple, cheap and it works.

It's Very Simple....If there is none there.... You make one... This was built out of angle alum. Depending on how old your boat is....It also may be a good time to remove and reseal your Bow eye.

Attachments

• 100_5102.JPG
    100_5102.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5103.JPG
    100_5103.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 100_5104.JPG
    100_5104.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 0
Back