Anchoring System

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J876

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out an easy way to anchor with one person without using windlass? On my old Parker I just ran the anchor line from the bow down the starboard side of the outside of the cabin and around the mid-ship cleat so I could control how much line I was letting out while backing down onto a wreck (try to imagine half of me inside the cabin using the throttle and other half of my body outside the cabin holding the anchor line). It worked fine but wore away the paint on the outside of the cabin. Has anyone ever set up some kind of "roller" system along the outside of the cabin to run their anchor line through?

Why not just forgo the pulpit and use an anchor setup stored in a basket to be deployed completely from the cockpit?
Or you could buy a windlass...[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. Anchor balls are fine for retrieving an anchor but don't help when trying to set an anchor over a precise piece of bottom. I'm talking about the setup PKS1801 mentioned. Almost like a pulley/roller system running along the outside of the starboard cabin so someone (me) can control the anchor line from the deck and not have to run up to the bow.

Somewhat related, I had this setup on our 14 Seanymph with the crank by the aft seat and use pulleys.
dc53ea2e2e8a2a3a39a502976d0e08b5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not exactly the prettiest, but a system I have used with minimal hassle when anchoring several times a day is made by EZ Anchor Puller

Easy one-person operation from the helm. Two buttons: Up & Down.

Back