anyone replaced steering cable on 21 se, or just go hydro?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gsully23

Reaction score
So some of you may have seen my previous post. Long story short, I work at a dealership and bought a trade in 04 21 se with a yami 150. Boat has more than a few issues, all of them small really. The steering was snapped, or should I say I believe the rotary got stripped.

I was going to buy a uflex kit, but after looking at the routing parker did on this boat I find it's going to be pretty difficult due to the fact the small square access hole in the stbrd battery compartment. I have a hard time believing I'm going to be able to route a cable through that.

I have a new sea star cylinder on my bench , I can buy the helm and hoses for roughly 600, or just a uflex rotary/cable kit for 180.

Has anyone done this personally, and also what length cable? I read 19ft for a 21 se but that sounds excessive to me. I have not pulled the old system out and cant locate the part number with what I can visually see. Figured I'd ask he before I start pulling it apart. Leaning towards the hydro but since the boat needs tlc i wouldnt mind using a fresh cable system for now if it's not too much of a headache since I'd rather invest the money elsewhere for now. I have alot of thing to update/fix before I go to the keys in 2 months and every dollar helps.

No.....I haven't done it to THAT boat.

First.....Make the access hole Bigger.....For the hyd parts that you need....Buy Uflex hyd helm and hoses....You have the Teleflex Ram......Use that.

Back