Bait Tank Thru Hull for 2530

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natedubs

Reaction score
Hi all. I am in Ventura CA and have a 2530. We are getting ready to install a bait tank in the cockpit and want to make sure that I install it correctly.

Currently I have a Rule 1100 GPH pump. It is mounted on a thru hull fitting with a sea valve.

My question is if I should install a new thru hull fitting below the water line for the tank drain? Or would using the existing thru hulls from the factory be sufficient? They are just slightly above the water line.

Thanks in advance!!

What are the “existing thru-hulls” attached to currently?

Where are you putting the tank? If it’s centerline with below deck plumbing, you’ll likely want to install a new through hull WITH APPROPRIATE VALVE below the waterline, to avoid the discharge hose running upwards to your existing thru-hull. If it’s against the gunnels, and the thru-hull is in close proximity, that’s probably your best and simplest bet.

What are the “existing thru-hulls” attached to currently?

Where are you putting the tank? If it’s centerline with below deck plumbing, you’ll likely want to install a new through hull WITH APPROPRIATE VALVE below the waterline, to avoid the discharge hose running upwards to your existing thru-hull. If it’s against the gunnels, and the thru-hull is in close proximity, that’s probably your best and simplest bet.
Thanks for your reply. The existing thru holes are attached to the factory transom mounted bait tanks. I’ll cap those when we install the new tank. I am planning on mounting the tank at about the center point in the cockpit. The plumbing will be below deck as you mention - so I think that answers my question.

Latest posts

Back