Batteries in the Bilge

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PS Love my G2, fantastic technology. . . .too bad they aren't making them anymore.

Yep....I'm sure.....It's a slow degradation......and it's not installed to good marine standards..... It's a back yard job of someone that does not understand. As I said....I see it all the time......Then they bring them to me to fix.

My son told a guy.....Yep....You can do it like that.....or you can do it the way my Dad does and not give it a second through for 6yrs.

Yep....I'm sure.....It's a slow degradation......and it's not installed to good marine standards..... It's a back yard job of someone that does not understand. As I said....I see it all the time......Then they bring them to me to fix.

My son told a guy.....Yep....You can do it like that.....or you can do it the way my Dad does and not give it a second through for 6yrs.
There is only one way, the right way.

I have a 2013 23 DVCC and when I ordered the boat I specified the batteries located in the console right below the helm. (Boat sales were slow in 2012 so Parker agreed! Not sure they would agree now.) I added battery boxes.

The console is a much, much better location for the batteries. Relocating the batteries is not that hard to do if you have a boat with batteries in the bilge. Well worth the effort to move some weight forward and to better protect the batteries.

Looking to move mine to the console on my 09 2300 this spring. Where are you all mounting the switch? Pics would be appreciated.

I have a 25 center console and the first year I moved the batteries and battery switch out of the bilge and into the center console. Changed the weight distribution so it rides better and I don’t have to lay on the deck to reach the battery switch , plus I don’t worry about sea water on the batteries

Looking to move mine to the console on my 09 2300 this spring. Where are you all mounting the switch? Pics would be appreciated.
Hey Ryan,

Different boat than yours, but same sort of concept. I just moved the batteries on my 1700 from the stern to the console. I did a (I think) pretty detailed write-up of the process in this thread: 1997 1700 Overhaul Project

Might have a few ideas that could help you out! Long story short, my battery switch got replaced by a BEP cluster, which is located in the console.

I moved the batteries from bilge to the console and put the "house" battery switch and the "engine" battery(ies) switch inside the sliding door located under the steering wheel (the sliding door in front of your knees/leg).

The switches are easy to access here. And are protected from the weather/seas.

Attachments

• IMG_7850.JPG
    IMG_7850.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 9
I have a 2004 2120. There is a battery in each rear lazarette which pretty much makes them useless for storage. Would there be a problem, other than longer cables, putting them in the pilot house?

Back