bow light wiring question on a 2008 2510 or 2520

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
I need to replace a broken bow light; when I looked up inside bow through the anchor locker I found all the wiring beyond reach, tacked high up. Does anyone know how to reach such wiring or have any other suggestion?

Also, does anyone know where I can find a replacement bow light to match the other side? Its on a 2008 2510. Can't seem to find a match on the internet and customer service at Parker is difficult to get a call back.

Thank you.

Thank you Warthog5 and JPG1969.
Just what I thought......have to improvise on the wiring. And I will check out the website on the bow lights.

When you remove the old light the current wiring will come up with the light. I would assume you should be able to disconnect the existing wire and simply splice the new light's leads to the existing wire. Should be no need to work "under" the bow.

Inshore Chaser":2o7hjjpz said:
When you remove the old light the current wiring will come up with the light. I would assume you should be able to disconnect the existing wire and simply splice the new light's leads to the existing wire. Should be no need to work "under" the bow.

Maybe?......Depends how big the hole was drilled for the wiring and if the connectors will come thru the hole?

I was digging around in my anchor locker yeaterday and noticed that yes, The connections for the bow lights were out of reach. Unless I was a child and could climb through the hatch, there was no way this 210 lb 5' 11" guy was getting in there to reach. I did notice that Parker used deutsch connectors. So trying to pull those through your hole might not work. You could try splicing new from inside the cabin on the starboard side. Above the bunk cushions under that "rail" thingy is the wire chase. Run new wire all the way to the hole and new light...

There is a panel that you can take off the top of the “bulkhead”
on the bow. This give you more access. In addition, to get a little more room remove the hatch in that bulk head too.

Attachments

• 8A360B1B-5A44-4124-8C74-C69A0C1E47D8.jpeg
    8A360B1B-5A44-4124-8C74-C69A0C1E47D8.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 94
Just my opinion, but I would go ahead and replace both with new LED’s. They are much more reliable. It’s been awhile, but I think I was able to pull the wires through the hole and I did all of the splicing above deck? Did you even try to dismount one yet and see? These new Atwood lights had the same footprint as the originals. No more messing with cleaning the connections on the light where the bulb goes to get them working. This is the link.
http://www.attwoodmarine.com/store/product/3530

Attachments

• E52C3005-FD7B-4F66-9103-D5E65A03F235.jpeg
    E52C3005-FD7B-4F66-9103-D5E65A03F235.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 85
When changing my bow lights I added a section of wire to the new lights so I could make the connection in the anchor locker as well. It is a snug fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back