Bow thruster on a 23 foot

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better he hears it now than at the dock after dropping big coin on it.

I can't imagine the reactions you'd get showing up with such a thing.

I'm in the 'enjoy the challenge' camp though.

Some of you guys need to jump off of you HIGH HORSE!!This guy was only stating a simple question.I'll bet if this was DALES idea most of you would be drooling.Just because someone moderates a web sight does not make them right.Showing up at the dock with a new bow thruster would be no worse than showing up at the dock with what looks like leftover "BROWN PORCH PAINT"all over your boat!

Reactions?.......how about......."COOL.....Look how he slipped that boat right up to the dock".

Or "why do you have auto pilot on your boat, cruise control in your car, etc,etc... I think for some it's the thrill of conquering a feat and putting your chest out. If it makes your life easier and you can still handle the skills required to do without it, get it. I'm guessing this isn't where you hoped this thread was going to go. Ask over on the hull truth but expect some of the same dickhead responses.

warthog5":3e7732ch said:

Reactions?.......how about......."COOL.....Look how he slipped that boat right up to the dock".

That would be my reaction :D

JRR7127":1s871xkf said:
Or "why do you have auto pilot on your boat, cruise control in your car, etc,etc...

I don't have an AP, though I would like to own one.
Not because I'm traveling any great distances, but because it would allow me to stay on track when setting trolling lines, or fighting a fish.

Even with another person aboard, when you're both working on a big fish and nobody is at the wheel, it is *way* too easy to get off course.
You look up and think, "what the hell!". :shock:

An AP would allow you to maintain course without constantly grabbing the wheel to make directional changes.
Yea... I'd love to have one someday.
Might need to talk to Jim at BOE and see if he has an inexpensive one that might do the job. :)

JRR7127":3iywy61w said:
.... expect some of the same dickhead responses.

Easy there Parcheesi.

Many of us have been here and other sites a looooong time and joke around like brothers.

JRR7127":1evrp0pg said:
Or "why do you have auto pilot on your boat, cruise control in your car, etc,etc... I think for some it's the thrill of conquering a feat and putting your chest out. If it makes your life easier and you can still handle the skills required to do without it, get it. I'm guessing this isn't where you hoped this thread was going to go. Ask over on the hull truth but expect some of the same dickhead responses.

:roll: internet drama

Megabyte":3h8oh1ii said:
JRR7127":3h8oh1ii said:
An AP would allow you to maintain course without constantly grabbing the wheel to make directional changes.

Had one on my sailboat which I typically sailed alone. It was invaluable.
These days there's always a few extra people on board so there always seems to be somebody to take the wheel.

Personally I think it's a great idea. I am terrified every time I get close to a dock - not that it stops me from going out, but boating would be so much more enjoyable if I could rid myself of that anxiety. And even if I was proficient at docking, I still think it would be a blast to just have a thruster. What the heck, some of you spend that much just to see where the fish are underwater or to go 3 miles an hour faster.

I have only been a member here for a few years and have enjoyed many threads, but it is extremely apparent to me that in keeping up with this thread that many of us are presently suffering from POLAR VORTEX SYNDROME, play nice guys and come on summer!!!!!!!

Back