broadband radar

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2skipperhub5

Reaction score
I have seen recent articles about "broadband" radar which included actual pictures of surface objects and their image on radar screen. There is a much more detailed outline of surface objects and it seems to pick up smaller ones also. I.E. unlit navaid on a post. This imaging is ideal for operating in the ICW at night or in fog. Problem is, I can't find it for sale anywhere.
Does anyone have any actual experience with this new system and can you tell me where to look for the cost?

Hub

No experience with it yet, but if you call Jim Maier at BOE Marine, I'm sure he can tell you a little about it.

866-735-5926 toll free.

Broadband radar was introduced recently under 3 labels. Lowrance, has been doing most of the advertising and I can't remember who the other two were but the radar components are all made by one company.

Yes, it looks like a very good alternative to the Garmin's "HD" offering.

Unfortunately, I am not a big Lowrance fan and will wait until either Furuno or Garmin come up with a broadband version.

Back