Broken fuel vent

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great Catch Charters

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a 2002 2320 with the black plastic perco fuel vent. I was starting to shrink wrap the boat today and it looked like it had come loose. As you can see, it was broken off and was held on just barely. Any suggestions on the easiest way to replace this? I don’t see any access ports and hate to cut one in unless necessary.
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 37
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.8 KB · Views: 34
Ok- clearly looks like I unfortunately need to cut an access hole to get to it. I will likely upgrade to a stainless vent.
thanks for the reply

A little pricey but this is a nice SS flush version. I believe there's a discount if you mention thehulltruth...
https://gemlux.com/collections/boat-vents/products/908
Diameter is a litter wider on the flush model than stock. I had to enlarge the hole when I changed mine so that's in your favor if you do a little damage getting the old one out. You should have access from under the gunnel with vise grips to remove the old.

Last edited:
A little pricey but this is a nice SS flush version. I believe there's a discount if you mention thehulltruth...
Diameter is a litter wider on the flush model than stock. I had to enlarge the hole when I changed mine so that's in your favor if you do a little damage getting the old one out. You should have access from under the gunnel with vise grips to remove the old.

my boat is a 2002. I don’t see any access under the gunnel. It’s all closed up. Im
Wondering if I pull the passenger seat out of there is an access opening there?

I just looked at a few pics of a 2002 2320 and I see what you mean. I would think there might be access from inside the cabin behind the passenger seat to the fuel fill hose and vent host for replacement rather than having to cut an access hole near the step. It also looks like the top of your gunnels are removable? Hopefully someone with a 2320 can chime in.2320.png

Last edited:
Should be able to get to it from behind the bench seat. It comes out with 6 screws and will fit through cabin door.

Looks like the fitting was overtightened and finally failed. On my 2002 2320, I luckily have a speaker on the inside of each gunnel in the cockpit, which makes access easy. Otherwise, you have to get at it from inside the cabin, no access from under the gunnel on mine. I also found the feedthru for the front bilge pump was overtightened, partially cracked and took in water. Unfortunately my boat is not in my backyard right now or I would send you a pic.

I replaced my original vent with this one. It looks and functions great. You will need to enlarge the hole; a step bit works great for this. Harbor Freight or Northern Tool have them for cheap and they’re good enough for the job. Otherwise, the good Milwaukee one will cost you about $60.

On the one above.....It's rare to see the "Other" part to that vent. I had it on my Mako.

That vent should point UP.....Then there is a plastic piece that makes it turn DOWN.

Pointing that down can be induceive to water running into your tank....Yes that is a defuser....

Back