Bronze raw water pickup erroding..... 2019 2320

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scalywag05

Reaction score
I see no corrosion issues on lower unit or Armstrong bracket........
is there a "pin" holding in a flapper valve on the inside?
boat is in water for 2 months at a time then on a trailer for 2 months.....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 11.39.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 11.39.34 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImagevOaM4t.png
    tempImagevOaM4t.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Are you at a slip with shore power? I do not see any bonding wire going to the assembly. To prevent galvanic corrosion this is necessary to have all underwater metals bonded. Installation of a galvanic isolator along with the bonding is the best setup.

Why is there no grounding strap attached from the factory? I see where a ground wire on the valve can be attached too....where is the boats bonding system where is needs to be attached too?
I do not have shore power running to the boat but occasionally charge the batteries with a Noco installed battery charger for a few hours here and there. Boat is in the water for about 2.5 months at a time.....then on a trailer 2.5 months while im away at work.
Thanks for your response

Bump....any ideas? I'm in a similar situation. In slip full time, I rarely charge the batteries with a noco.

I am thinking of bonding all metals like thruhulls, transducer together. Then hook that to the negative side of battery terminal, then hook up a hanging zinc to battery. A lot of work, idk,

Back