Bunk trailer help

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maxout":1fdpd6po said:
Trailers are cheaper in Florida than up north here. I purchased a trailer in Florida from a custom builder and paid him to deliver it 1200 miles and it was still way cheaper than anything close to it around here. 9800 is probably the GVW, subtract the weight of the trailer to get the carring capacity. Probably aroung 1800lbs for the trailer would leave you 8000 for your boat. Nice size for a 25'-28' Parker.

I didn't know for sure so I called the manufacturer.

1) The GVW is 10,400 lbs. The trailer is 1,400 lbs. Carrying capacity = 9,000 lbs. I stand corrected.

2) The brakes 12" Kodiak Silver lined discs.

3) The tires are E rated, 2700 lbs each. I stand corrected.

4) 2 - 6,000lb torsion axles

5) No water flush kit. I think those are only installed on drum brakes ?

6) The builder is TNT trailers, Tampa FL.
http://tntboattrailers.com/Brochure-3.pdf

If you buy his Trailer and use my name, he said you get a discount and I get free maintanance. He has a mobile truck that does trailer maintanance.

maxout":3q513uml said:
Trailers are cheaper in Florida than up north here. I purchased a trailer in Florida from a custom builder and paid him to deliver it 1200 miles and it was still way cheaper than anything close to it around here. 9800 is probably the GVW, subtract the weight of the trailer to get the carring capacity. Probably aroung 1800lbs for the trailer would leave you 8000 for your boat. Nice size for a 25'-28' Parker.

I didn't know for sure so I called the manufacturer.

1) The GVW is 10,400 lbs. The trailer is 1,400 lbs. Carrying capacity = 9,000 lbs.

2) The brakes 12" Kodiak Silver lined discs.

3) The tires are E rated, 2700 lbs each. I stand corrected.

4) 2 - 6,000lb torsion axles

6) The builder is TNT trailers, Tampa FL.
http://tntboattrailers.com/Brochure-3.pdf

If you buy his Trailer and use my name, he said you get a discount and I get free maintanance. He has a mobile truck that does trailer maintanance.

[/quote]

Not that I am aware of..just spray with hose

Megabyte":28iu88gb said:
Sounds like excellent specs and a decent price!
Post a photo or two so we can see that bad boy. :)

Just picked it up. Guide posts have not been attached yet.

Attachments

• Trailer Pics 001 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 001 (Small).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Trailer Pics 002 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 002 (Small).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Trailer Pics 009 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 009 (Small).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 75
  • Trailer Pics 006 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 006 (Small).jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Trailer Pics 008 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 008 (Small).jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Trailer Pics 007 (Small).jpg
    Trailer Pics 007 (Small).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 75
nicer trailer. Has it been adjusted for your boat? The bunks look low for a mod v. Does the hull clear the fender? With a flatter transom my bunks are higher than the fender :shock:

B-Faithful":3mywjdif said:
nice trailer. Has it been adjusted for your boat? The bunks look low for a mod v. Does the hull clear the fender? With a flatter transom my bunks are higher than the fender :shock:

Thanks. The builder contacted Parker, got the specs and adjusted the bunks according to what they told him. Who knows if it actually fits.

I guess I have to got put the boat on it and see. :roll:

He said that If it doesn't fit that he will adjust them however, I would think he would need to see the boat on the trailer. How am I supposed to do that if it doesn't fit. :?

I dunno. I've been trying to look at other pics posted here to see where the bunks line up and avoid the strakes. Also reading what others have posted about how the bottom of the boat should only be a few inches above the cross members.

It's going to be a learning experience for me. Who knows, maybe if I get comfortable getting in on/off the trailer, I might actually get out beyond my boating "zone".

Megabyte":2lv5og00 said:
Very nice... congratulations!

Thanks. It's a mixed feeling.

This whole concern about getting her off the lift has cost me an arm and a leg. :(

Oh well. The trailer will make it handy when it's time to wax her or service her.

My hope is I'll never have to use the trailer in prep for a Cat 3,4,5.

Latest posts

Back