Buyer Beware !

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warthog5

Reaction score
Bought and installed a new bilge pump and float switch in my boat took the all Automatic unit out.
They tend to suck your battery down.
So I spend a bunch of time setting this up with a new mounting panel and installed thread seats in it.
New hose...with routing modified to have a riser loop....like...it's supposed to so water can't just ship in the thruhull and into the bilge.
Anyway...this pump looked like a Rule....but was not...It was a China knock off.
It would pump....but would not lift the water 2ft and expell it thru the thruhull.
Normally I don't do a water test via filling the bilge on the trailer.
This could have Loss of life and property. ...VERY dangerous!
Ran to West Marine and grabbed same thing in a Rule....installed it.
It piss's out the side of the boat like a Race Horse..
Buyer Beware!

Bought and installed a new bilge pump and float switch in my boat took the all Automatic unit out.
They tend to suck your battery down.
So I spend a bunch of time setting this up with a new mounting panel and installed thread seats in it.
New hose...with routing modified to have a riser loop....like...it's supposed to so water can't just ship in the thruhull and into the bilge.
Anyway...this pump looked like a Rule....but was not...It was a China knock off.
It would pump....but would not lift the water 2ft and expell it thru the thruhull.
Normally I don't do a water test via filling the bilge on the trailer.
This could have Loss of life and property. ...VERY dangerous!
Ran to West Marine and grabbed same thing in a Rule....installed it.
It piss's out the side of the boat like a Race Horse..
Buyer Beware!
Was it branded as a Rule?

Was it branded as a Rule?

While shopping..... I through it was....after receiving it I found out different.

All the colors...all the markings...except didn't have the Rule logo.

Back