Cab O Sol

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktomlinson

Reaction score
I've seen cab-o-sol, or cabasol, mentioned on this forum many times, and it has convinced me that I should use it in the future for certain repairs/modifications/etc. I searched Google using many different spellings, but couldn't find any. Can someone point me in the right direction?

ktomlinson":2kahkuad said:
I've seen cab-o-sol, or cabasol, mentioned on this forum many times, and it has convinced me that I should use it in the future for certain repairs/modifications/etc. I searched Google using many different spellings, but couldn't find any. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've been exchanging some PM's with Bobby (warthog5) about filling the holes when I move my actuators to do my trim tab upgrade. He spelled it "cabisol".

Here is what he advised me to do to fill the holes. Thanks Bobby, hope you don't mind me posting.

From Warthog5:
"Fill the holes with a mixture of polyester resign mixed with cabisol to thicken it. tape around the holes very carefully. add the catilist to the mix you made. I inject holes by putting the mix in a syringe.

Work cleanly and neatly."

Also, a decent YouTube vid but he added some chopped fiber glass...called it peanut butter??
http://youtu.be/N3kmr9ZctUo

I've made that before by cutting my own strands and mixing it with resin and hardener. I filled all of the screw holes on my roof with it. The stuff I'm looking for can be injected with a syringe, or so I've heard.

That would be Bobby's mixture with the Cabisol. In some one of his post you see the type of syringe he used. I think the Cabisol is basically a thinking agent used in conjunction with the resin is good for holes. I also think the Cabisol may make it sand well?? The vid shows a guy using the resin, Cabisol and the chopped glass but I'm assuming that would be for larger repairs. In his vid he demonstrates the mixing of the Cabisol and resin part, you just leave out the glass when you don't need it??

aerosil is actually what I have...Started with a 10lb bag of it a Loooooooog time ago. 10lb bag is the size of a 30lb dog food bag.

Believe me...You don't need near that much as I still have plenty and have had 15yrs now.

But to simplify I still just call it cabisol. Cabisol is much harder to sand...Micro ballons is the easy stuff to sand.

I typically use a 90cc size syringe. You can get them online or at a local drug store...Just tell'em you don't need the needle and they will not think your a junkie.

Found this vid on YouTube on the mixing. For putting into a syringe I'm wondering if you would not make it quite as thick as this guy did? Anyway, I feel better about using it on my project now that I've seen this. I just ordered mine on Amazon too.

Shipping estimate: Monday, March 2, 2015 - Tuesday, March 3, 2015
Track package

Cabosil Filler Quart - Aerosil, Fumed Silica Powder, Thickener, Resins and More
Sold by: Pro Marine Supplies
$14.99

Polyester Laminating Resin-quart-includes 1 Oz Bottle of MEK Hardener
Sold by: Pro Marine Supplies
$24.99

http://youtu.be/jGPAx98pZmM

Back