console question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sea1skiff

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get one of the piston/closers for the plexiglass cover for my 23SE console. Mine is worn out and I have to wedge a cuzzi in there to keep it open

I didn't like having the plexiglass door sticking straight out at me, so I disconnected the piston and swing the door 180 deg upward. I keep it in place using a loop of rope around the windshield railing. See the photo.

Attachments

• IMGP1394.JPG
    IMGP1394.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,400
JA Veil is dead on.

For the Parker Perfectionist...try to find or order the "old style" electronics box cover. This is the same footprint starboard surround with 2 by-pass clear plexiglas doors. Much dryer, and not the health hazard the new 1 piece door is.

First thing I changed after my last Parker was delivered. This might be the only Parker improvement that backfired.

I found one at a West Marine by me here in NJ. The old one would keep jumping up and down during rough seas. A real PIA... Just measure the old one and make ture the ends are the same and match it up. The SS ones aren't cheap. Hope this helps.

I didnt think I would have the space for two 1834 furunos in my console electronics box,so I took the plexi door off completely and had a cnc laser cut out made and fitted to the starboard frame. The two units will be perfectly centered and balanced, and pretty water resistant. If somebody wants to buy the brand new plexi door and hardwear PM me.

Attachments

• P1010046 (Medium).JPG
    P1010046 (Medium).JPG
    59 KB · Views: 1,262
Looks pretty nice FP! :)
Do you have a photo of the finished installation?

well here it is! The console is complete with the exception of the Clarion CMD5A remote and vhf remote mic. pics loaded backwards... oh well

Attachments

• helm (Medium).jpg
    helm (Medium).jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 1,054
  • helmcovered.jpg
    helmcovered.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,054
  • consoleaccesshatch (Medium).jpg
    consoleaccesshatch (Medium).jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1,054
  • hatch cut (Medium).jpg
    hatch cut (Medium).jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,054
  • wires console (Medium).jpg
    wires console (Medium).jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,054
  • pre-access-hatch (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    pre-access-hatch (Medium) (Medium).jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,054
Very professional job on the electronics. Looks great.

As far as holding open the plexi door on the console, on my 23 CC the piston/shock only lasted one season and I couldn't stand the constant bobbing up and down of the door.

West Marine has the original equipment. However, I replaced it with a SS spring hinge (I think it is called that) which I had on a previous boat and liked. It lasts forever, and holds the door up without bobbing up and down. Depending on the length spring you buy, you can position the door at just about any height.

jim

Looks great! When did Parker stop using the two sliding doors and go for the lift-up style of electronics box? Mine is a 2000 model and has the sliders.

dave-j":1py4ye90 said:
Looks great! When did Parker stop using the two sliding doors and go for the lift-up style of electronics box? Mine is a 2000 model and has the sliders.

I have a 2001 23 SE, and the electronics box (which I had installed in spring 2002) has a top-hinged clear door. There is still a small storage comparment below the steering wheel with two sliding doors.

Back