Decarb motor

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pain Management

Reaction score
Dale or anyone can chime in. I'm looking for the post with information on how to decarb an outboard. I tried the search feature but came up empty.
Thanks
George

I've 'cheated' and used both of the following short-cut methods (versus setting up a separate tank):

1) Pull your fuel / water separator and fill it about 75% with SeaFoam. The SeaFoam will mix with the gas getting pulled into the f/w separator and also with the gas in the VST tank if you have a Yamaha outboard.

2) Using the DeepCreep spray, just remove the black air intake cover on the front of your Yamaha and spray the Deep Creep into each cylinder like you are fogging the engine. This is definitely the easiest method unless you are changing F/W separators anyway.

-- Tom

Since Dunk (marine surveyor Bob Dunkleberger from NJ) is peer recognized as an OB guru and argueably the biggest advocate of decarbing OBs with Seafoam ... here's his DIY 'how to' in his own words, click this link here.

Back