East vs West pricing

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a great deal on a used 2310 with a brand new E-tech 250. I had it towed back from Florida to San Diego in four days for $2800. No problems, they towed it to my house in Carlsbad. Even found someone who would do it for $2500. The $2800 was with insurance. Good luck.

I hear you guys, I walked in to Sundance with my check book about 2 years ago now. The main guy was a kook, acted like he could care less if he sold me a boat or not, I walked out without a boat. I then proceeded to to L.A. boat show and bought my rig from Johnson Marine, couldn't be happier. Now though, Parker has pulled it's boats from Johnson to go exclusively with Sundance, mistake for Parker in my opinion, Sundance thinks their you know what doesn't stink.

out

nic":3r1zq4jk said:
I just got a great deal on a used 2310 with a brand new E-tech 250. I had it towed back from Florida to San Diego in four days for $2800. No problems, they towed it to my house in Carlsbad. Even found someone who would do it for $2500. The $2800 was with insurance. Good luck.

Heck I'd do it for $2800.

Shop for leftovers. Nothing wrong with a new boat that's 2 years old. I can tell you we just got our new 2005 2520SL / F225 for a few bills over $50K in NJ.

this seems to be more common than i thought. we went in to our local dealer (shorts) on a Saturday morning to order a new 2520 XL with a single 250 (not the power we wanted, but the one we could afford) and the place was mobbed. so we said, "ok, well come back tomorrow." we went back to the house and told our neighbor, who said "hey, my brother is selling his parker, you should take a look at it". we arranged to meet this guy, and it was EXACTLY the boat we wanted and it was loaded. for a lot less money and a little bit of luck, we got a boat that was much better suited for our needs. Shorts still sends us catalogues :lol:

Busted. I'm not giving her back.

All I can say is that when you fall in love with a girl, you will do anything to get together with her. So, if the local Tampa Parker dealer is a dud, then I will drive as far as necessary to get the girl of my dreams.

My relationship with my 2320 is a true love affair. You can jusk ask my wife....she swears that I spend more time rubbing and loving on the boat than I do with her.

She understands, so should you.

jim

BoatGirl":3sko3122 said:
Shame on you grouperjim.....Robin Parker
I am kind of suprised that that is the only Parker comment on this thread.
I would think that if there was a valid reason for the big price difference, we would hear it. You know, a week ago, I walked in to the local dealer with my check book in my back pocket. We tallked about boats for 10 minutes or so and then I gently asked: "How come there is such a big price difference between East and West coast dealers?"

I expected a response like..." well, you know, there are many other costs involved in California...there's travel, permits, Cal water preservation fees...etc" "we try to keep costs down, blah blah."

Anyway that is what I expected. I then was going to pull out my check book and say, "Let's do it!" BUT, the response I got was shocking. I said "thank you" and I quickly left the building. Now thats a salesman!!

So now, I am either buying used or I may just wait a while. Although I love Parker boats, my old boat still runs like a champ.

Seneca Lake Dave said:
I expected a response like..." well, you know, there are many other costs involved in California...there's travel, permits, Cal water preservation fees...etc" "we try to keep costs down, blah blah."
quote]

I much perfer the answer you got (mol) "We sell all we get for list price" than the BS you "wanted" to hear. As soon as he started with "permits, water fees, gas costs" I would have left. Try to buy a Grady White or a Honda Car...talk about some smug looks. "You want a discount?" :lol:

My last p/u (06) varied in price by 15% or $4000. Imagine driveing 50 miles and saving $4000. Or, other dealers let me walk on a $4000 extra profit sale.

Lots of manufacturers have territories. Not only is my local Bobcat dealer the only one I can deal with, when I call for a price, they ask where I live (within the area). Each salesman has a section of Charlotte. :?

It's sales, always has been, guess it always will be.

The West Coast boats normally are setup quite a bit different than East Coast boats. They really trick the boats out with towers, aftermarket bait tanks, some tanks with tackle storage incorporated in, electronics with dual displays, etc and so forth. Thus the reason I flew across country for photo shoots the last couple of years...they look great!! For me to explain to you why the difference in price without knowing whether you are comparing apples to apples is simply impossible.
Shipping across country is expensive especially with the fuel spikes lately. A sur charge here and sur charge there adds up. As a manufacturer, sure... we wish that we could snap our fingers and have those boats across country for the same cost that we do on the East Coast but it simply isn't possible. You are just too far away. :) Being from NC, I'm not familiar with all of the fees associated with CA. The dealer certainly can provide those to you so you can see for yourself.

Robin:

In all seriousness, my issue is not as much price as it is an issue with the local dealer.

The owner is actually very freindly and an all around charming guy/typical salesman. He will tell you oh yes I know Linwood blah blah blah.

But when it comes down to presentation, sales professionalism, product knowledge, ordering boats that would be popular in this area etc. they are definitely lacking.

Specifically:

1. I have driven (30 min drive) to the dealership on Baypines Blvd more than once, lets say at 2:30 in the afternoon on a weekday. Signs everywhere saying they are open but the building locked up.

2. Recent boat show in St. Pete. Two boats a 2320 and an 18 CC. The 2320 was filthy and in no condition to show. Both batteries thrown into the bilge unsecure, one bat half on top of the float switch, the PH interior was a wreck, dirt and grime over the rest of boat. I listen to two potential customers asking the salesman who makes the engine bracket/swim platform, how fast will the boat go with the F200 on the back etc. Salesman doesn't know the answers to these basic questions. The two customers walk away. I am talking to them a couple boats down the row. Answer there questions properly, we go back to the 2320 for 45 min while explain all the features of the boat. They want to buy the boat but not with an F200 (underpowered). They probably took their business down to the Englewood dealership.

3. Besides ordering boats that are underpowered and illequiped for this area, I don't think I have ever seen a 23 DVCC on their lot. The market for that boat with an F250 in this area is red hot. So let me be clear in case they end up reading this. 23DVCC, F250, low bow rails, no pulpit. With Cobia and Seahunt as the primary competition, they could literally sell hundreds of 23 DVs in this area.

I don't like to complain, but it is what it is. My training in life has taught me to do whatever it takes to get the task at hand done and done right. In this case, I couldn't quite do it the right way, but I got it done never the less.

Regards,

jim

Back