Electradyne hauler and davit install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albiejunkie

Reaction score
Hi all,
Drove out to Provincetown, MA yesterday to pick up an Electradyne hauler and davit. Met a nice guy living and shellfishing out there, he had some great stories. Anyway, looking to install this davit about 2 feet behind the freestanding station on the starboard side, leaving me enough room aft for a trap table on the starboard fish box cover.
The davit has a base built in to mount to the deck, and a collar up about 20 inches to mount to the gunnel.
I think I should cut an access hole to get underneath the base plate to reinforce with backing of some sort and through bolt thru the deck, after enlarging the holes and filling with epoxy.
To be honest, its a little scary to have to make a 6 inch hole in my deck.

Advise anyone?

I want to mount it in line with that 0 degree rod holder. Anyone know stringer locations here. I dont want to hit one...
12460ba1c214227115f418e8f95d93b7.jpg
7c7f330f0d7727b3d6b2ce5f60fb6205.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stringers will not come into play on this Brent.....They will be inboard of where this mounts........With that shelf do-dad at just above the deck...It appears that it will need to be mounted to the side of the washboard and to the deck.

Going thru the washboard....I do not believe is a option.

I intend to make an access hole to install these G10 fiberglass board backing plates I had left over from the Ttop on my old Mako. Do you guys think they will do the job?
Also, what type of pie plate cover is the most waterproof?
906467016b8763ed4df6051e1b61d1ea.jpg

The Most waterproof pie plate is a Armstrong unit.

I would mount that base to the deck like I do captians chairs with a alum ring under the deck for the bolts to thread into.

I use a piece of 3/8 or 1/2in alum......There is a round plate on the top of the deck.....In this case...It could be "D" shaped to get the center closer to the side of the boat. It has a piece that fits thru a hole in the deck.. That piece is round with a hole in the center. It is also cut right thru the center.....Now you have a round half and another round half.....Those will now slip thru the hole in the deck....They a anchored by a small machine screw.thru the deck for each piece.

So you end up with a round ring below the deck that is drilled and tapped. The....D shaped plate goes on top of the deck and bolts go thru that plate....thru the deck and screw into the flange /2 half rings under the effectivly clamping it in place....Your tri flange on the bottom of that post will bolt into the D shape plate.....again drilled and tapped. That is the strongest mount.

It will not move around and will not leak when sealed properly. The top mount.....Not sure....It will just have to be fabbed to fit the pole and washboard.

It has a piece that fits thru a hole in the deck.. That piece is round with a hole in the center. It is also cut right thru the center.....

Not sure what you mean here...Could i get a picture or more clarification please?

Warthog, where can I source these aluminum half rounds you speak of?

"It has a piece that fits thru a hole in the deck.. That piece is round with a hole in the center. It is also cut right thru the center....."

That piece is meant to bolt to a stringer, to carry the load away from the deck mount. There is probably a piece up in the tube that catches the slot in the top of the lower piece, like the gimbal pin in a rod holder, in which case the exact length would have to be considered. Depends on whether you are hauling a few pots, or 600 lb BFT. To make that lower connection would require another level of access.

I never reinforced the lower base on my pot hauler on my Bayliner trophy and didn’t have any problems. The Parker I imagine would be a lot thicker of deck material. I just bolted down the base and sealed it. The boom would bend before the base ever moved. But if you got hung up good, you had to be careful and get the line out of the hauler and re-assess the situation. Usually resulted in tying off to a cleat and doing circles until broke off pot or came free. I would make sure the upper mount (gunnel) is reinforced or run it through the hole where the rod holder is and reinforce it, (if you have enough room to do it that way?). Good luck- need pics after install and a report of how the Electra-Dyne performs. I have the Safe-T-puller and haven’t had any problems with it, it’s just slow. Hydraulic is the way to go if you want to haul gear fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like this?

YES! :)

Warthog, where can I source these aluminum half rounds you speak of?

I source the material.....I get mine from a local Tower shop....[They build boat towers and stuff for boats out of alum.]
or there is Online metals. https://www.onlinemetals.com

Then I lay it out and saw it out....drill and tap...... IE: I fabricate the parts.

Using something like that, I wouldn't need to make another access hole, right?
All the mounting hardware would go through the base hole?

I like that, only making one hole...
Can't use the tri-flange base though. Will need to remove it and weld a Garelick seat base to the bottom of the davit instead to fit the Garelick deck plate. Oh well, I want to weld a section to the bottom anyway because the davit is too short for my application.
Maybe I can use some rubber gasket or Lifecaulk between the top deck plate with the hole in it and the new "seat" base to keep water from entering my bilge?

Ok, before I cut a hole in the deck, I was hoping to get some input from you all. Especially those that have opened up their deck and know for sure whats under there.
I have recieved a stringer layout drawing and it looks like I will be fine, but sometimes that doesn't go like you think[emoji47].
I want to install the base plate on the deck in line with the 0 degree rod holder in the pic, about 2 feet behind the steering station, just inboard of the toe rail seen in the pic.
What are your thoughts?
3c17a99cd1e3ec71dff0da586a038f1f.jpg
55c16943c8af150fb67ad4309f8798cf.jpg

Had a welder come by to make some modifications to the davit this weekend. He's going to sleeve a larger diameter aluminum pipe to the bottom to raise the whole thing 10".
He's also going to fab a base to fit the Garelick split ring base that I will install to the deck. It will be removable and will have a cover for the open base when removed.
I am also having him make me 2 down-rigger mounts for the zero degree rod holders. Pics to follow in about a week or so.

Finally got the parts back from the welder and began the install yesterday.
I did not use the Garelick base as I felt it was too flimsy. Welder made a 1/2" plate like the Garelick plate but solid, not cast like the Garelick.
I drilled a 4" hole centered under the mounting plate and epoxied the edges. Oversized the bolt holes and filled with epoxy. The cavity under the hole I drilled was full of foam. PITA to clean up but I appreciate that its there.
This afternoon I will mount the plate to the deck with pre tapped split rings underneath.
I also had him make me a cover plate for whenever I want to remove the davit. It will cover the hole nicely and I'll be able to use the same neoprene gasket sandwiched between the two.
439477504301630b8bfceffc192facba.jpg
e7190dcbef58c117e9fc4ddf461684aa.jpg
f35f95cfb08b478c16420a77903e5173.jpg

Heres a pic of the mock up. In the washboard is one of the downrigger/rodholder he made. Should be slick!
Getting hauled tomorrow so need to get it done tonight.
d8e246ce6306116af35e841b16a04c8c.jpg

Back