Empty Pockets Gets An Upgrade . . .

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin G.

Reaction score
Hello CP folks!

I went to Johnson Hicks in Santa Cruz on 07-03-08 to take delivery, setup and seatrail EP after she had a new Furuno unit installed.

Wow . . . what a difference!

I had a Furuno 1920C/NT NavNet2 head installed and networked with the onboard systems. Both uints talk to Capt. "Otto" Pilot and can accept data and waypoints from either MFD.

The seatrial went well and the setup, alignment and interface setups were all completed.

Man . . . what a GREAT display!

Both systems can act as one or independent.

As an aside . . . there is a TON of bait in the bay! I can't believe how clear and defined the new display is. We ran over several HUGE bait balls, one of 'em was at least 100 yards long!

EP is full of fuel, electronics and engines checked and serviced. Time to kill some Tuna when the wind decides to lay down a bit.

Kevin G.

Shot of Empty Pockets taken last Sunday

IMGP1222.jpg

"New" Helm Station

IMGP1229.jpg

Radar Shot On The New 1920C/NT NavNet2 @ My Storage Facility

IMGP1231.jpg

The Same Radar Shot On The 1722NT NavNet1 @ My Storage Facility

IMGP1232.jpg

Wow! I was seriously thinking about the Garmin 18HD which networks with my chartplotter but that's a great display. I am going to have to rethink my preference. Good Luck.

What did you wind up doing with the hole where the old unit went?

Hello there Classic Parker Folks!

Thank you for the compliment Megabyte . . . I am VERY pleased with the clarity of the display as well as it's 'view-ability' in sunlight. I can see it as clearly from the deck as I can from the Helm Station.

Thanks (2X) Bryan . . . once the 'wind machine' takes a break . . . I am THERE! I will post photo's once we go and get 'em. I spent the afternoon putting my trolling and live bait rigs together. Once the wind machine slows down a tad . . . all my gear is ready to put on EP and get gone offshore.

Empty Pockets is full of fuel, all systems are a go . . . I just need to have the wind die down (now 20 – 25 knots offshore . . . with the accompanying wind waves :roll: ) and then splash her.

The old unit is still installed . . . it is the 1722 monochrome that is still in the dash. I did consider having it removed . . . but the new display would not fit in the current space so I had it mounted on the 'dash board' and networked the whole kit 'n caboodle together.

After thinking about it (AND seeing them) . . . I am very pleased with the way it turned out. :mrgreen:

I took receipt of 4 each 18" spreader bars: 2 Zucchini and 2 Purple/Black today. Add to this my 36" flat line Zucchini bars . . . I am a rolling bait ball!

I will fish the 18" bars from rod and reel and the 36" bars will be clipped to the Transom tie down loops without a stinger rig. These will be a teaser rig only.

I don’t want to fight an Albert with a 36” bar with 12 Tuna Clones and 2 Birds attached . . . oh nonononono. No joy! Cluster (BLEEP) from square one in my book.

I have 7: 50 pound trolling rigs, 3: 30 pound live bait/Fishtrap and 3: 20 pound live bait/Fishtraps rigs set up and ready to put on the boat. We fish Anchovy on the live bait rigs, sometimes with Fluorocarbon . . . depending on how finicky the Alberts are.

Fluorocarbon is not needed on the Fishtraps.

Dang wind machine . . . . grumble, grumble, grumble . . .

Kevin G.

Kevin G.":9l80hybx said:
The old unit is still installed . . . it is the 1722 monochrome that is still in the dash. I did consider having it removed . . . but the new display would not fit in the current space so I had it mounted on the 'dash board' and networked the whole kit 'n caboodle together.

Kevin G.

There must be some electronics gizmo that would fit that hole perfectly. :wink:

Back