Empty Pockets Gets Limits.

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin G.

Reaction score
Hello CP folks!

My buddy Robert and I splashed Empty Pockets Sunday morning at Moss Landing.

We were off for a Rock Fish trip to Point Sur and checking and testing the newly installed systems and electronics on EP. Point Sur is about 43 miles south of Moss landing.

Strait up and flat out . . . I LOVE my new Capt. Otto Pilot. He’s good. It was no problem driving in the fog with 100 yards of visibility, not a toe off of course. Sweet. The new Furuno NavNet2 MFD works just GREAT!

I had us running about 5 miles offshore down to just shy of Point Sur and hung a Port towards ‘shore’.

Here is a shot of “Beautiful” Point Sur as we were leaving the area around 1:30 or so. For the most part . . . land only showed up on the RADAR/Plotter. So much for scenery on this trip!

PointSur1.jpg

I set us up on a drift through and past three nice kelp paddies and they yielded several nice blues. Try the same drift and got another few blues and Yellow Fins and a nice Vermillion.

Here is one of the Vermilions.

NiceVermillion.jpg

Set up the same drift another 5 or so times and we nearly had limits!

What a HOOT!

We started back up the coast and stopped a time or three along the way to see if we could fill out our limits.

We did and Robert managed to get this nice 12 or 13 pound Ling in the process!

RobertsNICELing.jpg

All in all it was a GREAT day on the pond and on Empty Pockets first Rock Cod trip . . . we limited out.

Robert wants my new Furuno MFD . . . he can't have it . . . it's mine!

RobertWantingToStealMyMFD.jpg

All newly installed sytems and electronics worked great!

Kevin G.

Nice report and pictures!!!

I would love to get out there and do some left coast fishing. Maybe someday.

Back