Enclosing Transom

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyHeck

Reaction score
Looking to enclose the transom on my 2003 2120

my question is.....what would or could the new weight added be total for my boat?

ordering a new trailer and want to get one that is capable of handling the extra fiberglass....just curious what the enclosed and bracket addition adds to the boat weight.

thank you

Adding a bracket will not change your trailer requirements. Your not even adding 500 pounds ....You would still need at least a 6000 pound trailer... probably best w a 7000 pound trailer.
Double axle trailer new 7000 pound should run you about $4500.

I’d go big on the trailer 7000-7500 would be ideal IMO.

the 2320 weighs about 6000 full fuel, starting adding gear you could hit the 7k mark.

Last edited:
For that boat with a Bracket.....You will want a trailer designed for a 25ft boat....You want a Full length frame...IE: The frame rail stops at the transom....Not in front of and cantalevered bunks. Positioning of the boat on the trailer will change from before....WHY? Because you have moved weight farther aft. That will change your toung weight.

I’d go big on the trailer 7000-7500 would be ideal IMO.

the 2320 weighs about 6000 full fuel, starting adding gear you could hit the 7k mark.

not on a 2120, not even close. Dry weight on that 2120 is 3250 pounds. 600 pound motor, 500 pound bracket et al, 600 pounds in fuel if cell is full, another 500 pounds ice, gear. You’d never see over 5500 pounds at the scales. 7000 pound trailer would be ideal. It’s a 2120 not a 2320

agree w wart about your trailer bunks. Make sure the axles are carrying the weight and not achieving negative tongue weight.

Reactions: A-K
Back