Enclosure

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes you just mark and drill.

I am scared to drill my t top lol
I hear you, brother. Couple things you can do to make it easier at the start. Buy a jig for drilling holes in pipe a (and use it), cover the stainless with fiberglass tape and then double stick tape (also known as Seamstick). The fiberglass tape will make the Seamstick easy to remove...that way you can position things multiple times before you mark for drilling. Use stainless fasteners...even the cheap stainless will help with the dissimilar metal issue. Do one section, snap it into place and then do another. It gets easier...

I hear you, brother. Couple things you can do to make it easier at the start. Buy a jig for drilling holes in pipe a (and use it), cover the stainless with fiberglass tape and then double stick tape (also known as Seamstick). The fiberglass tape will make the Seamstick easy to remove...that way you can position things multiple times before you mark for drilling. Use stainless fasteners...even the cheap stainless will help with the dissimilar metal issue. Do one section, snap it into place and then do another. It gets easier...
In addition to the above (not to keep plugging them, but they are a good source) Sailrite sells a neoprene gasket that fits under the snap base. It should decrease the dissimilar metals contact area significantly, although there will obviously still be contact via the fastener itself.

Back