Feedback on Dometic Extreme 3300 cables

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jday

Reaction score
I'm adding a helm on the roof of my 2120 and plan on having T/S cables run from the bottom of the helm through the roof down the cabin side wall and to the cabin controls.
To do this will require some tight bends. I'm thinking three bends with a 4" radius bend and one bend that can be an 8" bend. Total run will be approximately 11"'.

Do you think this is possible?

I'd hate to do this work and have the throttle and shift tight.

According to their website, these cables can work with only a 4" radius bend. Has anyone used these cables for tight bends and how did they do?

That's my plan. I just wasn't sure if what they state is true.
Thanks

It's True... It's the design inside that makes the difference. The Dometic is what threw me. I guess it's another corporate buyout? Never heard of "Dometic" before.
I looked and can't find the exploded / cutaway view that Teleflex use to have.

I hope it works, I've used the extreme cables before and liked how smooth they were. Didn't use them for tight bends though.

I just found out too. So now hynautic, teleflex, seastar and dometic are all one. I called looking for info on an old hynautic steering helm. The customer service person I spoke to was helpful but Dometic is not supporting a lot of legacy products. So there was no info on the helm, like exploded views, parts list, etc, he could send me. He did suggest a helm kit that is similar and may work but recommended just buying a new helm. Also the seals and o rings are off the shelf items.

Back