Fiberglass deck repair recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhalinDave

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Parker owners. I have had to replace my leaking diesel fuel tank on my 25' Parker four or five years ago. In the years since the repair, I have been having issues with the deck in the repaired area. Several of the screw heads holding the decking down have started to pop up beneath the non skid due to movement. Now I have a large area adjacent to the repaired area that feels very soft underfoot. This softness is increasing to the point it feels like I could put my foot right through it if I stomped on it. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to take my boat to get a quality repair done? I am in Southern California (South Orange County)

I would not have left the screws in it. The screws would be used as temp. clamps. The deck would have been cut and a lap joint of 3in installed. That is your glue surface area.

Deck gets a light layer of fiberglass on the underside before the install.

You answered your own question. SCREWS Moving. When they move, they allow water in.

Back