Filling Helm/Console Hole for GPS wires?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reellucky18

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for preventing water from entering your center console (1801 in my case) after installing a GPS?

I have recently replaced my GPS unit on my console and after running all the wires, (specifically the transducer wire being the largest), I would like to come up with something that will prevent water from entering the near 3/4" hole in my helm/console. Anyone have any suggestions or pictures as to what you did to prevent water intrusion? Something that would be removable would be cherry in case I need to change things or add additional wires to the unit.

Thanks in advance,

I always use these.....I hate the Stainless clam shell that everyone else uses and cram's them full of silicone.

Install the large one make the thru hole as Big as the base hole......You drill the hole / holes thru the rubber slightly larger than the cable size. Get it right! Then with a razor blade you slit the rubber plug from it's edge to the hole.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/category/23/Cable_Clams

Thank you! Do you happen to have a pic of your install? I see the items on the link you sent, but I’m struggling a little to see it in practice. I def get the idea, but seeing it might help pull it all together.

thanks again

Here it is for a antenna coax thru a hardtop.

Attachments

• 100_5667.JPG
    100_5667.JPG
    504.7 KB · Views: 18
Back