First Splash 2018

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnee83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better late than never. I hope all the CP crew has a great season, cheers!

Attachments

• EC7CC21A-C0BF-47A3-B790-B91566608025.jpeg
    EC7CC21A-C0BF-47A3-B790-B91566608025.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 297
If it makes you feel better I’ve not launched yet either. Perhaps next weekend. Still ice on the lakes here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ice is disappearing quickly. A fair amount of open water is visible now and anticipate by next weekend most will be gone. It was a tough winter with 300” of snow this past winter and spring came later than usual. We clearly are not seeing the effects of global warming here [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking good!! Saw you in the creek in the morning. Sure was a pretty day, wasn’t it?

Megabyte":2oz46pfc said:
Always great to take the first check-out ride. :)

Indeed, especially when everything is still working as it should.

We had a lot of rain late last night in Beaufort and I discovered a leak where that damn Sirius radio antenna is attached to the cudy cabin top. Thinking about just taking it out and filling all the holes and gel coating it. One les source for water to get in. I don’t use it and took out the box and wires when I did the AC. Other than that all is good.

MarkA":kbvcypq6 said:
Looking good!! Saw you in the creek in the morning. Sure was a pretty day, wasn’t it?

Yes it was Mark. Just my wife and I for a quick visit. Didn’t do any real fishing as we just anchored out at the Cape for the day. It was good to get out as the boat has been stored in the barn since December. I didn’t see you when I went by Boathouse.

Cleaned ours up yesterday....First Splash will be Mothers Day....Yes thats late, but my son has had some medical problems and has now been cleared.
Mechanical s have all been taken care of in prep for this year months ago.

warthog5":2bstrvll said:
Cleaned ours up yesterday....First Splash will be Mothers Day....Yes thats late, but my son has had some medical problems and has now been cleared.
Mechanical s have all been taken care of in prep for this year months ago.

Good to hear your son had a good report. I’m sure that’s been a big worry and understandably not been out minus your main fishing partner. I’ll be making a quick trip back to Beaufort just to take mine in for it’s annual mechanicals. Hitting the every other year on those thermostats and the water pump. Other than that just the usuals...oils, plugs, zinks, filters. She will be ready to hopefully get me out for some Mahi again.
Good luck with your first splash Wart and time with the boy.

Back