Foam filled?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toodee

Reaction score
Are all Parkers foam filled? If not, what year did Parker start foaming the hulls?

Yes. Virtually all modern production boats must use enough foam to "float" the boat in flooding situation per USCG regulations.

I believe the floatation requirements are for vessels under 20’.

I also believe there was a change in 2018 for the 2019 and newer vessels to have more floatation for the heavier 4 stroke motors used presently. ( claimed a minimal manufacturing cost increase )

BoatUS released a statement reminding boat owners repowering to the heavier 4 strokes that freeboard and handling could also be affected and motor weight should be considered when repowering.

Again, the USCG regulations are for vessels under 20’ - I believe

Last edited:
Before the deck is attached, two-pound density foam is injected into the open spaces to provide additional sound dampening, flotation, and structural integrity. (on the 18 footers)

LOOOOOOOOOOONG T me since I read the regs Level flotation is required for under 20? 21? or 6meters
may have changed but is a recommendation
number of boats have been recalled for failing
remember from reading USCG boating safety circular
no idea how the outboard brackets affect this but the fourstrokes do change the trim

foam gains water when wet and increases vessel weight and therefore displacement unloaded
accelerates rot

lots of newer tech without plywood increases cost but seriously increases lifespan

Back