found this pic on the internet...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ugh...the one downfall of having transom mounted tabs
The boat in this picture might be one of the newer models with the recessed 'pockets' for the tabs. The tabs on ours would present the worst case scenario for this situation. Ours stick out from the transom 20"..... we have the 12" X 20", factory 'sized' and factory installed.... They'd be much better overall if they were 20" X 12" instead.

The boat in this picture might be one of the newer models with the recessed 'pockets' for the tabs. The tabs on ours would present the worst case scenario for this situation. Ours stick out from the transom 20"..... we have the 12" X 20", factory 'sized' and factory installed.... They'd be much better overall if they were 20" X 12" instead.
Its a 2021 XLD, It's my boat, stumbled across the image on Social Media. I'm standing in it. Tt's not grounded.

I’m looking to make a shade cover as a winter project. I like this example; simple, functional, and looks good. I’m wondering whether it’s a stock tarp or made to fit.

If anyone has something similar I’d like to see and or hear about it.

I’m looking to make a shade cover as a winter project. I like this example; simple, functional, and looks good. I’m wondering whether it’s a stock tarp or made to fit.

If anyone has something similar I’d like to see and or hear about it.
Amazon, don't over think this project (Oh, and a couple bungee cords, and a softball sized ball I stole from the dog to take a little slack up (put the ball in shade just behind the cabin and wrap a bungee cord around the ball and attach to the rod holder)) then attach the corners to the grab rail on the roof with bungee cords...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097BJ4W14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCBVBDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1

Amazon, don't over think this project (Oh, and a couple bungee cords, and a softball sized ball I stole from the dog to take a little slack up (put the ball in shade just behind the cabin and wrap a bungee cord around the ball and attach to the rod holder)) then attach the corners to the grab rail on the roof with bungee cords...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097BJ4W14/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CCBVBDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thanks for the response, and for the link. When you said “Don’t over think” I thought does he know me. Overthinking is what I do. I too have a 2520xl (2005). You seem to have found the perfect size (if it wasn’t altered).
Just a few questions:
• Do you recall the size?
• Are those collapsible boat hooks on the aft corners ?
• What keeps the the cover’s aft corners from pulling together. There’s no sagging, it looks great.

Thanks for the response, and for the link. When you said “Don’t over think” I thought does he know me. Overthinking is what I do. I too have a 2520xl (2005). You seem to have found the perfect size (if it wasn’t altered).
Just a few questions:
• Do you recall the size?
• Are those collapsible boat hooks on the aft corners ?
• What keeps the the cover’s aft corners from pulling together. There’s no sagging, it looks great.
The shade is 8X10 (the the in the link) The aft end is held in place by the telescoping poles that are in the aft rod holders.

Attachments

• 20210911_093926.jpg
    20210911_093926.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 20220513_172818.jpg
    20220513_172818.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • 20220902_184144.jpg
    20220902_184144.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
There is a sliding scale of function vs cost on everything, and I have about $100 bucks and 2-3 hours in mine, BUT I already had two solid glass rods that were heavier than I would ever use. I cut the guides off those 2 rods, sanded and spray painted where the guides were removed. I glued roller guides to the top and passed the lines from the aft tarp corners through them.
For the front, I laced the tarp onto a piece of PVC electrical conduit (gray) with loops that coincide with the rod holders.
It looks cool enough, but with a better matching ripstop tarp it would look better. The weakness is keeping the rod tips from coming toward each other like someone asked above. I was going to find a skinny piece of carbon rod to put between the rod tips, but haven't pursued it yet. Also, I tied the tarp through the roller tops on the rods, then down to the trailer tie down lugs on the transom, passing the line outside the gunnels and back to the ransom tie downs. It takes me probably 3-5 minutes to put up alone, 2 minutes if my daughter helps, and 10 minutes if anyone else helps. Dang, I didn't pay that much for the tarp.

Screenshot_20231022-142906.png

Back