Fuel gage and tank fill up

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brunot

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a 2014 2320 pilot house with Yam 250 HP. Yesterday I fill up at the fuel dock and took 30 gals. I went and took it for a run and noted that the fuel gage only showed 3/4 full.
I went back to the fuel dock and filled it again taking 8 gallons. The gas can up the spout a few time on both fill ups so I guessed I had topped it off.

I started it up and it still only shows 3/4 full. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to due to check on the gauge or ?

One happy Parker owner,

BrunoT
Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard Ca

A dip in the fill line can cause that, as can a clogged vent. Check that mud daubers or other insects have built a new home in your vent.

The tank is not venting well.....Actually pretty common on a LOT of different brand boats.

You have to fill it slower. Is there a fix? Yep.....But it "Can" get expensive.

Thanks for the info. My Parker is still under warrenty so I will have them check it out.
Fortunately the Parker dealer is a good friend and lives across the channel from me. Next time I fill up he wants to go with me to check on the issue.

Today I'm taking a can of air and blowing out the air vent to see if I have some non paying renters in there.

Brunot

2014 2320 Parker

Dought that will be worth your while.

You will just have to fill the tank slower.

This is why , when I do a new tank for someone.... It get's built non stock.

Same size, but 3/16 instead of 1/8in....It has a drilled and tapped flange welded to the tank for the sending unit and the threads do not go into the tank itself.
but the biggest thing is venting.....The tank gets a vent at each end and is Y'd together. So the air takes the path of least resistance and you can fill the tank at wide open on the nozzle and the thing will not shut off or spit back until the tank is actually full.

All these little details add up to making life simpler for the owner. :)

Thanks for the info. I read all the comments from prior posts. Seems like it has been an ongoing issue. I have not had this fuel filling or gage problem when I got my Parker. The fuel gage always went to full bars and I was able to fuel it with no problem.

I have not used my Parker for about 2 months and when I fueled it 2 days ago it started.
Went fishing yesterday and the fuel gage went to only 3/4 full and as I was going to Santa Cruz island the gage bars went to Full.

After the trip I topped off the tank (it took awhile) and it only showed 3/4 full.

I still love my Parker.

Burnout
2014 Parker 2320

Went fishing yesterday and the fuel gage went to only 3/4 full and as I was going to Santa Cruz island the gage bars went to Full.

That would lead me straight to the fuel sender in the tank. It's suspect, as it's a cheap potentiometer. Replace it with a better one that does not have a swing arm on it.

I have an inline fuel canister. Could someone advise me where the fuel sending unit is and how to get to it to change it and also instructions how to get to the fuel canister.

Thanks,

2014 2320 PH Yam 250 Hp

Brunot

Sending unit attached to top of tank....Access thru pie plate in deck.

100_3986.jpg

I believe 2014 was the first year they were mandated to install these canister filters. This is the cause of the problem. I basically have to trickle in my last 10-15 gallons of fuel every time I fuel up. Trust me it is major PITA. I might try and by pass the stupid thing when I haul out this winter.

Thanks for all the info. I found the fuel sending unit. Looks like the center rod has a clip on it and a tie wrap to hold it in place. I'm going to pull it out and go from there.

My 2014 Parker has the emissions canister. I'm going to address this issue.

When I received my Parker none of the fueling problems were an issue. I did not use my boat for about 2 months and then it stated.

I sent an email to Parker asking about the issuses and all I received from them was a schematic of my boat.

Still love my Parker

Brunot
2014 2320 Parker Yam 250 Hp

Looks like the center rod has a clip on it and a tie wrap to hold it in place.

Really? because every sending unit I've ever seen for a boat has 5 screws to hold the flange in the tank.

Also make a witness mark on the tank and sender...... They will not fit in but 1 way.....even if it looks like the fastener spacing is the same....They are not

The witness mark will help you align the new one easier.

100_4888_zps86659a1a.jpg

The sending unit plate has screws but in the center of the plate is a shaft going into the tank. I can wiggle the shaft and it is secured with a snap ring and tie wrap holding the snap ring in place it looks like I can remove the snap ring and lift the shaft out. I'll try to take photos.

Brunot

Latest posts

Back