Fuel Pickup Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhendric

Reaction score
Guys,

I posted this over on THT as well, but am interested in any thoughts or experience...

I believe my fuel pickup on my 1996 Parker has become clogged. I am a bit concerned about cranking off the dogs on the top of the tank as they are good and frozen on. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on running a coat hanger down the tube from the top and simply scraping out the pickup and possibly popping through the screen with said coat hanger....

I have already removed and inspected the anti siphon fittings which screw into the dogs on top of the tank...they look clean as a whistle and seem to be functioning prefectly.

Apply 50-50 mix acetone/ATF to thread boss as penetrating oil. FWIW I have used two box wrenches 180-degrees apart to easily remove pickups.

one last question, are the square elbows made of aluminum or stainless? I may replace the anti-siphon fittings with open ones, want to match my metals!

yes, I believe mine are aluminum as well, just wanting to make sure they are not stainless.

Aluminum ... be prepared with Permatex fuel sealer/goop made for aluminum to re-seal.

Yes...Alum...No need to replace...Use a 3/16in Pin punch and knock the ball and spring out of the fitting.

Don't you dare put a Stainless fitting it there. Dissimilar metals will have a affect you don't want to see.

Back