Fule Spillage?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfish

Reaction score
Had two strange things happen to me, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if anybody else has had these issues. The first is I filled my tank and when I parked at my house where I have a slight incline, gas came out the port vent and spilled on my blacktop. I think this even happened a second time. Secondly, when I took my boat out for a normal 10 gallon run, I can back and it showed I used 30 gallons. I tasted the bilge water and it does not seem like there is any gas in there. Any clues? Has this happened to anybody before? Thanks in advance.

pfish":1zt3vk1j said:
Had two strange things happen to me, so I thought I would throw it out there and see if anybody else has had these issues. The first is I filled my tank and when I parked at my house where I have a slight incline, gas came out the port vent and spilled on my blacktop. I think this even happened a second time. Secondly, when I took my boat out for a normal 10 gallon run, I can back and it showed I used 30 gallons. I tasted the bilge water and it does not seem like there is any gas in there. Any clues? Has this happened to anybody before? Thanks in advance.
What was the air temp? Boat model? How much of inclined? Did it happen when you pulled in or after sitting?

B2

Brent":2528a3i9 said:
pfish":2528a3i9 said:
What was the air temp? Boat model? How much of inclined? Did it happen when you pulled in or after sitting?

B2
How Is gas used measured?

B2

The usage issues seems resolved. Could have been an error with the gauge. But the gas pouring out of the vent when on a shallow incline remains to be seen. I was just curious if anybody else had filled a tank and had gas spill out. Thanks.

It happens all the time with Full tanks and temp changes....Gas expands and contracts as temp's change.

It can happen in a dry stack....Boat above you has full tanks.....Fuel expands...Piss's all over the boats below it. :(

Filling on trailer and filling in water does make a difference.

Back