fwd bilge pump

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

green74

Reaction score
does anyone know why parker does not hard wire the forward bilge like the rear bilge? it would make sense to have two operating pumps while in the slip with your battery switch off.

One solution is to add shore power and leave your batteries on. The other is to not worry about it.

Parker didn't used to even add the pump, but people seemed to rest easier with it I guess. In reality, unless your boat becomes forward weighted for some reason, the water will drain aft anyway.

I've never seen mine cycle on. Ever. And yes, I test it frequently.

I'm the same as Tim. Maybe since I have a single OB 2520, but all the water sits in the forward bilge. I hardly ever get any in the rear.

I upgraded my forward pump from a 360gph to an 800gph about 3 years ago, and then wired so it was hot all the time just like the rear pump(s).
It was pretty easy to do.

My 2530 drains everything forward at rest and that is with twin 200's. I would assume the PH's are the same as Gerg has a WA.

Even with that no water gets ther unless I put it in with a hose. very water tight boat.

Back