Garmin 8612 TD

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ss4825

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if and how I can get my 8612 to show TD’s. I followed the instructions and my 2 line was spot on my 4 line was a 1

Attachments

• IMG_5583.jpeg
    IMG_5583.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. Unfortunately I end up with the same results. This is not my first attempt at doing this. I was hoping someone here would know the trick. I may end up just adding another plotter that will display LORAN C.

Success. Found some old info on the web about the w,x,y,z and turns out for my location we use x and y. Then I found the offset on another site and presto. 2 line and 4 line match the chart.

Attachments

• 622220C8-3FF1-4E4A-9DBA-20C0517C8705.jpeg
    622220C8-3FF1-4E4A-9DBA-20C0517C8705.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Maybe I didn't understand what exactly you were trying to do?

I through you were looking to bump the decimal point out.

Now it appears you really want to display LoranC numbers . Is that correct?

Loran C has long been gone,as you know. Numbers can be displayed in LoranC Format via using GPS...But the numbers will not take you to old spots that were marked decades ago via LoranC..... You must have the correct offests...and THAT is the Tricky part...Getting that offset correct. Yes.. without the correct offset , it will get you in the area... But looking for a spot and your a 1/4mi off is fruitless.
I have a buddy here in Pensacola that has done it... It was the minds put together of 2 OLD captains. [1 dead now]

Yes I had what was considered at one time THE state of the art Loran C....
A Sitex XJ1...The other was Sitex EZ 97

I would guess it was off by less than a 1/4 mile. We fished yesterday and had several visual structures to judge it by. It’s a convenience when fishing offshore out of OI as most the captains and my buddy talk in TD’s.

Back