GELCOAT CRAZING OR CRACKING

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMD

Reaction score
Hi,
My name is Don. I was wondering a few things. First could someone please explain to me how to post pics to this site because i would like to and i could not figure it out. My boat is a 2005 2530 extended cabin with twin f150's on a bracket. 2 years ago I noticed some hairline gelcoat cracking on both port and starboard sides of my boat at the stern right around the area where the dock line goes through the gunnel deck to access the cleat. The cracking started on the 11/2" lip that is just above the rub rail on the gunnel cap. I figured it was from bumping the pilings occasionally in the slip. I didnt worry about it too much then as it was only in that area and I can do gelcoat, ha. But now I see it has come over to the top of the cap slightly and into the nonskid on the gunnel. They are only half circle hairline cracks and I know some of this is normal but I have a 1987 rampage 24 express sitting at my house with 2700 hours on it and none of this at all. My question is does anyone else see this and how in the heck can we or any other professional fiberglass guy duplicate that nonskid which I am assuming is stamped in at the factory. I started thinking it was from it sitting on blocks but I doubt it. I put blocking right at the transom corners and under the keel 1/3 back. Is anyone else seeing this. :cry: I aso see it to a lesser degree though in that same area further up in the cockpit area.

Thanks, Ill try the photos with that. Thanks for the help
As for the gelcoat, I would appreciate any input or replies. There is absolutely no cracking in the hull below the rubrail in the same areas. Makes me think the top deck should have been a stronger layup when it was made

Back