Has anyone ever seen this before?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhodaveland

Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed their deck and seen stringers this crooked? I noticed a curve in the two middle stringers way before pulling out all the floatation foam. Now that the hull is empty I pulled a string from to back only to find out the two center most stringers are 1.75” out of straight. Thinking this boat must’ve been built on a Friday afternoon.

Attachments

• IMG_3314.jpeg
    IMG_3314.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3313.jpeg
    IMG_3313.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3312.jpeg
    IMG_3312.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 3
Tough to tell from the pics but any chance that the stringers are curved symmetrically and purposefully? The joints look pretty tight for being built with that much sway.

The boat is a 94 21dv. I can’t possibly imagine there was a method to the madness with the stringers having this crazy curve to them. I posted this to see if anyone else who’s re-decked one of these has seen this before. There are other questionable aspects of the build I will post pictures of later. For instance the plywood core of the transom was installed way off center and the has a strange 2” foam filler to make it look centered. The build quality of this boat looks like the plywood coring was installed by a novice and finished by a professional to hide a laundry list of mistakes. Being in the construction industry I understand sometimes the appearance of the finished product is all that matters.

Back