Helm Seat Upgrades?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelagic2530

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interested in what others have chosen as helm seat upgrades. Currently using one of the old standard Todd ladder back seats at the helm, and a cheap, molded Todd seat as a companion chair. Contemplating replacing the helm chair with something better (and probably a Seaspension pedestal) and moving the ladder back chair over to the companion seat. I’d be interested in seeing what others have moved to and any feedback on different/better chairs.

Subscribed. Been wondering the same and have yet to see anything that really excites me

I put in an Arrigoni Helm Chair in my 2520SL back in 2017 . I do 200+ hours a year in the open ocean, mostly seated so the chair sees some action. The chair is more comfortable than the stock seat that came with my 2005 but it’a mounted on a stock pedestal without suspension, you still “feel” the waves & chop. My seat remains operational but it’s getting tired and I need to replace the slider before the boat goes in the water this year.

If you have a Parker 2520 with the standard sized cabin, an upgraded helm seat is going to be a tight fit, having a fold up bolster on whatever brand of seat you purchase is a necessity in my opinion. An upgraded upholstered helm chair without a fold up bolster would IMO be more inconvenient then it’s worth…..

Have seen past posts for different suspension seats, I forget the brands.

Last couple years been helping on some sailboat races where the engine is running for hours though low speed. I stand more than sit, 2530. I went cheap, simple for now, cushioning on the floor for standing. I get antsy more, sometimes sitting.

I removed the original helm seat and substituted a leaning/tractor-seat model that I use like a leaning post (99% of the time) but still lets the Admiral sit if she needs to. I never sit at the helm and this replacement had been on my list for a few years.

20230503_091530.jpg

Back in 2015 I tried the Todd single leaning post, but it wound up too close to the helm, and I didn't want to relocate the pedestal. So I took a different tack and butchered a stock Bass Pro Shop “tractor seat” model, replaced the OEM squishy foam inside with more rigid Jim-Buoy closed cell foam cut from a Type IV throw cushion, and made a new cover. Put the whole seat assembly back on the adjustable stock Parker slide frame.

20230503_091710.jpg

Gives me unobtrusive support and the arms aren’t always in the way like the original helm chair was. Been using it for 8 years now, and would never go back to a helm chair.

I put in this Springfield double 42 (23" wide) on a seaspension pedistal. It cost me a bit, but worth every cent.
Is this the Springfield 46? How do you like it? I have a 2520 wanting to install one.

I have a 2005 2820 that I am just wrapping up a 4 year rebuild. I gutted my cabin and bought new inboard facing seat bases from Parker, then I made 2
forward facing bases with built in tackle lockers that are contoured to fit against the Parker base. I used Smooth Moves seat bases, and Bently Marine seats. It's much more finished on the inside now. I'll take some new photos and post them soon.
20230315_155720.jpg20230315_155619.jpg

Interested in what others have chosen as helm seat upgrades. Currently using one of the old standard Todd ladder back seats at the helm, and a cheap, molded Todd seat as a companion chair. Contemplating replacing the helm chair with something better (and probably a Seaspension pedestal) and moving the ladder back chair over to the companion seat. I’d be interested in seeing what others have moved to and any feedback on different/better chairs.
Pelagic
This is what I have at my helm of my 05’ 2520xlSC. I love the ride. I’m looking for another, upholstered the same way, to put in the co-pilot position. However, because of the cabinet changes the new seat wouldn’t b on a seaspension post. That’s ok, these seats have extra thick padding. Obviously these weren’t the original ones. They were purchased from Parker.

IMG_3921.jpeg

IMG_3920.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a 2005 2820 that I am just wrapping up a 4 year rebuild. I gutted my cabin and bought new inboard facing seat bases from Parker, then I made 2
forward facing bases with built in tackle lockers that are contoured to fit against the Parker base. I used Smooth Moves seat bases, and Bently Marine seats. It's much more finished on the inside now. I'll take some new photos and post them soon.
View attachment 38885View attachment 38884
Looks great! Which Bentley seats are those? They look pretty much exactly like what I’m looking for.

Looks great! Which Bentley seats are those? They look pretty much exactly like what I’m looking for.
I didn’t know they were were Bentley seats. A previous owner did the install not long before I made the purchase. I really like the the material, I think it’s vinyl but has a fine weave canvas texture to it. The material is very durable and cleans up well.

I’ll look today at the bottom of the seat, if there’s a tag I’ll send you a picture.
Here’s a better picture. Enlarge the photo and you’ll see “Parker” embossed at the top forward side of the backrest.

If I can find another one for the co-pilot position I’ll have 2 like-new jump seats with matching upholstery for sale, like the ones you see in the first two photos. The padding on them is extra thick

View attachment 38893

Last edited:
There was no tag with a reference to ID the seat. But if you screenshot the picture I sent and send it to Parker or a dealer I’m sure they can find it. Good luck, let me know if you find a supplier.

Back