Help with an install

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara F

Reaction score
I just hard wired two 12v fans in my V-berth. The fans originally came with cigarette lighter plugs which I cut off. I wired the fans to a new switch rated for 30amps. The fans came with a 800ma slow blow fuse. I cannot find a similar fuse to use in my fuse panel. My fuse panel uses the spade type fuses not the glass stick type. Can I use a 3amp fuse to replace the 800ma slow blow fuses or should I use something rated higher. Thanks!

thanks for the replies. I think I discovered my issue. I think it is the fans themselves. Cheap automotive fans. I tore everything apart checked all the connections and they were fine. Put in another fuse and it blew. I guess you do get what you pay for. Going to but a couple of marine grade fans.

You can get 1amp and 2amp ATC fuses.....But they are not easy to find.... I keep them in stock, but I have to order them online.

Look at the questions on that link above.... It gives you the amp draw on that fan in the question at the bottom.

Back