Hesitant post for me. Parkerless but not boatless...

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Having owned two Parkers and loving them, the most recent for only 8 months, I hesitate posting that I am now Parker-less, and have traded my 21' Parker for a a Whaler 205 Conquest. I hesitate because I am embarrassed that I have switched so much, and have been impulsive, etc. Not a good lesson for my kids for sure. I do believe I am in my last boat though (famous last words)!

I switched out of my 2520SL because it was a touch too big for my dock, with my other stuff, and I replaced it with a 21SE that I got a spanking deal on. Fishing the 21SE this past autumn was real cold though, and I have toyed with changing her for a 2120 this past winter. The boat shows came and went, and a local Whaler dealer worked real hard and nice to put me into my new ride, where the Parker 2120 numbers could not come close. I love both boats and would be happy in each, as they both have good colder weather protection, and in a sweet spot of a size for me. I hope to still lurk here, among the brightest, most resourceful, and welcoming boating enthusiasts on the web. Thanks Dale, Brad, Kevin, Cbigma, Fishpimp and others. ParkerSal is now Themis, and he is driving a bowling ball:

profile.jpg

Themis":2e06ycq9 said:
Thanks Dale, Brad, Kevin, Cbigma, Fishpimp and others.
Doh - you forgot TomS :shock: ! He really makes this site software tick!

Sal, may I also formally invite you to join the esteem club of former Parker owners like Raider Ron! You are ALWAYS most welcome here! Please check in every once in a while. FWIW there is a few Whaler forums, besides Continuous Waves, I believe another good one is Whaler Central.

Hope you bring that boat to the 3rd Annapolis CP gathering ... we'll find you a spot next to B-Faithful!

Sal - Ditto as to what Dale said. Gregg will be doing cart wheels when he sees the motor!

He posted on The Hull already :D

I have to say I am nervous about complicated engine systems, but they are all like this nowadays. The 175 Verado is quiet though, and this DTS thing is night and day compared to the manual cable steering on my 21SE.

Anyways I'll let you all know about the performance of this rig when I post her for sale to buy a new boat in November.

:shock: :shock:

Themis":2jcmpjes said:
ParkerSal is now Themis, and he is driving a bowling ball

Now that is funny! :)

Sal... Don't be a stranger. Former Parker owners are always welcome here. :wink:
BTW - Nice looking ride there. 8) Greg will love that Verado. :D

DaleH":61bfox6w said:
Themis":61bfox6w said:
Hope you bring that boat to the 3rd Annapolis CP gathering ... we'll find you a spot next to B-Faithful!

Now that would be "too cool for school"... 8)
Think about it!

Hey Sal
congrats with the new ride.
You know what they say.
You can take the boy out of the Parker, But never take the Parker out of the boy!"
Have fun brother and keep us posted.

Sal!

Thanks for your contributions to the ParkerHood over the years. Don't be a stranger. Make sure you keep up with the exercise program, and PM me when you are planning to run another Marathon! I don't care -what- brand of bowling ball you ride on,, you're a good man, and we'll miss your wit!

John

As we speak cbigma, I am preparing the undergunwale LED lighting project, so eloquently shared here by Kevin and others.

I'll lurk here as I can't help myself. I will always remember the generosity of you, Dale, Kevin, Fishpimp, Brad, Principal Mac, the Socal guys, and so many othes here. We share a bond above what brand of boat we own. We are boaters. We love kids. We breathe in life deep and know it is fragile, and that we are how we act. I learned a lot from all you guys.

Themis":1lk33n03 said:
As we speak cbigma, I am preparing the undergunwale LED lighting project

Many projects transcend brand...
Keep the camera close, and post up the results!

Themis / aka ParkerSal

Sal...

A rose by any other name..."itsa still a rose" :lol: !!

Looking forward to still keep hearing from you. :D

That Whaler is a beauty.

Hope Mary Alice is feeling well !

Mac

Themis":1cu0i1mc said:
and a local Whaler dealer worked real hard and nice to put me into my new ride, where the Parker 2120 numbers could not come close.

Am I understanding the Whaler cost less than a 2120? MSRP on a 205 is 53+K with no options.

Back