Holding tank removal

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linehand904

Reaction score
I’m in the process of buying a 2018 2520xld and want to remove the head and holding tank. They will never be used and the holding tank located center under the wheel house has plenty of storage. Has anyone done this how much of a pain?

I thought of that the other day. I’ll never have anyone use that toilet. It’s good storage It feels like a waste to remove it; but also a waste of space to keep it.

It might be important later when selling the boat
I too had thought about taking out the electric-head (we never use it). And the storage space where the black-water holding tank is (under the floor of the pilothouse) could be used for more useful storage, but I for one would not do that level of 'surgery' to the boat for many reasons... And, I liked the fact that the boat had that electric-head feature when we bought it. It some ways, it's nice to know it is there, in case of an 'emergency'. But a sheetrock bucket, and a regular toilet seat works too.... Two 'famous' sail-boat cruisers, (Lin and Larry Pardey; rip) were well known for cruising around the world in wooden boats, that they built themselves; They exemplified the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Sailor)... they used ONLY a wooded bucket. It never clogged. It never broke. It never needed replacing. It never needed a 'pump-out'. It never needed a new macerator pump. It never needed anything... (I realize the Yuck-Factor), and glad that they were 'off-shore' most of the time... ☺

Last edited:
Back