Hot water system Parker style

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil

Reaction score
I’ve been using a 5 gal shower bag tied on the roof and it works ok. But the 5 gal bag is a pain to tie on the roof because it only has a top handle and no way to secure the bottom. So I thought about mounting a 5-10 gal poly tank to the roof until I found this bag on amazon. It has HD grommets at the 4 corners. So I installed 4 eyebolts and will ziptie the bag on.

http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Elements ... shower+bag

Instead of just using the supplied poly hose, I decided to do a little outdoor plumbing. I ended using ½” CPVC pipe and fittings because they came naturally in Parker off white (a bit darker) so I didn’t have to paint it. Both the shower head and faucet are threaded so I can remove them if I want to replace them later. The whole project ended costing about $60 and it looks like it will work well. Very simple with very few things to go wrong. Tick off another creature comfort of home—not bad for a 23 footer...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 688
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 688
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 688
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 688
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 688
You sure have a LOT of perforations thru your hardtop......You did seal the core with epoxy on each hole didn't you?
dSCAW.gif

Yep, as evidence in the 1st pic lower left eyebolt you can see some epoxy spillage. Most of those perfs were done more than 13 years ago. I was going to redo them when I had some leftover epoxy but when I tried to unscrew them I had a hard time because I installed them "wet" (screw in epoxy) so I'm just going to let spleeping dogs lie...

>Sure do have a lot going on up there!

Why would you say that? haha As they say, when you run out of space, you can either go up or down. I already went down to the bilge to make more space, now up...

Attachments

• 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 661
Why all the lines strung all over the trunk cabin and cabin top ... ?

The forward line is to bring the 130 to the bow swivel rodholer when tight on a fish. Loosen the drag, on hand on the rod, one hand on the boat. The thin line tangled on top is the cockpit tether.

Haha, where else do I put my feet when I sit on the dome??? The radar mast is the orig Parker seat that I took out (same as Dale's setup.) I boat at night and areas of fog often and I wanted as big a radar signature as possible. The foot rest is light alum and it also acts as a grab rail and mounting for nav light, ect.

<p>
Update on the project: I tried out the shower after sitting in the hot sun all day and the water was scalding hot. So I ended putting a white "cap" (tote cover) over it.

Attachments

• 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    97.7 KB · Views: 562
kind of at a loss for words . That will be great for resale value :idea:

Latest posts

Back