How hot does your cabin get?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerbandit

Reaction score
Hello there. My name is Mike and I live in Maryland. I do not own a Parker yet but have been looking real hard at the 2120 and the 2320 boats. I noticed that in some of the pictures on this forum that you guys have fans in your cabins and I even saw someone that put an A/C unit on top of the cabin. I know the windows open up on the boat but was wondering how hot does the cabin really get? I know there is a ton of variables in the answer to this questions but would I need to install fans to keep cool or do you get enough air going through with the windows open? Please let me know your experiences and thoughts on how hot does your cabin really get.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Mike,

The cabin actually stays surprisingly cool because it is shaded. I do have a fan but but mostly use it when anchored up the river or something like that. I do not feel that the cabin gets excessively hot especially if you are trolling or something like that.

Jim

2110 here, not hot at all...actually very comfortable even on the hottest days.

I've got an AC unit on my 2530, but honestly have only used it once or twice. Opening the windows to allow the breeze to come through is all I really need. If I were to overnight with the wife, then I would probably use it.

Open the windows and you cant beat the cross breeze that roils through the pilot house.
In the height of the summer and anchored out for the day I actually find myself spending a lot of time inside to get out of the sun.

I have a 2120 and use it on the bay. Never had an issue with it too hot inside. Great shade and nice breeze while moving.

Have a 2520XL, the cabin stays significantly cooler on those days where the sun is making things hot……does anyone remember those days????

I have a fan in the forward compartment that I use when sleeping on the boat, but otherwise I haven't found the need for one

The 2120 I installed the rooftop a/c on is not used for fishing, rather for pleasure boating and overnighting on the hook and on the trailer. Without the a/c we'd be severely restricted in the boat's use because it would be unbearable in the heat. I guess it all depends on whether you're moving or not and/or what your constitution is.

I have a 2320 PH, and I am in southern SC. With all windows open along with the door, there is plenty of breeze, and I have had no issues with being too warm. While anchored, the cabin is much cooler than sitting in the sun. And since I have had issues with skin cancer, the Pilothouse made a lot of sense for me personally. Also on the days when the center consoles are too cold to go out, well I just pick up and go anywhere in a nice toasty cabin. Best choice I've made personally. It's probably too hot to sleep on, but then I prefer cold AC everywhere else.

I know the windows open up on the boat

All windows opening is a option........A option that I think should not be a option....It's mandatory!

The design does several things.....Creates more shade than a CC with T-top and the opening windows create a vortex of air rushing thru it...This makes it feel cooler.

Now...Go down to the boat with it all closed up in the middle of the summer/ middle of the day....Yep It's gonna be HOT!

And some days...."Augest" it's just plain gonna be sweltering. The seas's will be like a Mill pond, but when you stop you will sweat to death....But that will be in any boat.

For inshore/nearshore sometimes open windows are not a good idea due to baracuda gnats (that come thru the screens).

jeffnick":2oxf0fvt said:
For inshore/nearshore sometimes open windows are not a good idea due to baracuda gnats (that come thru the screens).

Baracuda gnats :shock: Holy cow, the mental image that name conjures up is not a good one!

Go with the pilot house you'll love it. I "hide out" in mine in the hot summer sun. It's great in there with the windows open. it extends your season in the cool spring and fall, and you can't beat it in foul weather. I'd imagine if you wanted to over-night on it down South you might melt without AC, but you would on any other similar equipped boat as well. Actually the Parker with a house is one of very few boats in the size range that you actually CAN mount an AC unit on. It wouldn't fly with a soft top....

I spent a week aboard a cat in the BVI 2 summers ago, in July. I thought we'd definitely need AC for sleeping, but with the boat on a mooring and the top hatch open, we were surprisingly comfortable. And, the cabin on this cat was not too much bigger than my Parker.

I also live in MD and as other have said... not hot.
The pilothouse is cooler than the deck in the summer.
Open the windows and let the breeze blow through.

Now... if you are looking at a new boat, consider the (no cost) open-back option.
It isn't something that most dealers stock, and there are precious few on the used market, but it really opens her up.
Those of us who have one wouldn't trade them for the world.

Attachments

• open back.jpg
    open back.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
I live in Northeast Florida and when out fishing in the summer, I go into the cabin to get cool. With both front windshields and side windows open, the cabin is a cool shady place.

By the way in the winter, yes it does get very cool in Northeast Florida, I shut the windshields and side cabin windows and with a small propane tent heater, I am toasty.

I truly recommend the Sport Cabin

It will get hot in the middle of the summer but it is at least 10 degrees cooler than out on the deck.

Back