How thick is the transom?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Cheapie408 I’m adding a transducer mount and need to know the transom thickness on a 2022 2320. Did you find out?

I called parker and they gave it to me but I forgot the exact thickness. However, I know I bought 3 1/2" bolts for the install but I never got around to installing mine yet. If you're only installing transducer mount, why do you even need through bolt?

"Typically" They follow suite of other manufactures... Coring is 2- layers of 3/4in plywood....With a skin of fiberglass on each side to give a total thickness of 2in.

As far as I know....Parker has not moved to Coosa coring "Yet". But it would still be the same layup... Coosa you can get in 1 1/2in thickness...

I called parker and they gave it to me but I forgot the exact thickness. However, I know I bought 3 1/2" bolts for the install but I never got around to installing mine yet. If you're only installing transducer mount, why do you even need through bolt?
I’m only using the screws the transducer mount came with. I’m just doing a sanity check on the length before drilling and screwing the bracket on.

I’m only using the screws the transducer mount came with. I’m just doing a sanity check on the length before drilling and screwing the bracket on.
Highly recommend using a Stern Saver plate rather than drilling directly into the transom. Minimize the holes in the cored part of the transom at all costs.

Using the plate also allows you to remove the old transducer and remount a new transducer with a different screw pattern, without drilling new holes into the transom. This is handy when you inevitably replace or upgrade your electronics.

If you do decide to mount it directly, follow the hole filling/drilling procedure described countless times on here: overdrill the hole, fill it with thickened epoxy, then re-drill the fastener hole into the epoxy plug. This ensures that no water can make it into the transom core material.

Highly recommend using a Stern Saver plate rather than drilling directly into the transom. Minimize the holes in the cored part of the transom at all costs.

Using the plate also allows you to remove the old transducer and remount a new transducer with a different screw pattern, without drilling new holes into the transom. This is handy when you inevitably replace or upgrade your electronics.

If you do decide to mount it directly, follow the hole filling/drilling procedure described countless times on here: overdrill the hole, fill it with thickened epoxy, then re-drill the fastener hole into the epoxy plug. This ensures that no water can make it into the transom core material.
@warthog5 I’ve looked into the sternsaver but read both good and bad reviews on adhesion. Have you used them?

Is the Sternmate the same as the sternsaver?

Is the Sternmate the same as the sternsaver?
No. It is a screw less mount but has fantastic adjustability. Google it to see the concept...plus the owner will spend time on the phone discussing mounting positions. I was having trouble with my transducer (transom mounted) reading at speed. I now can get depth readings at WOT...around 42mph.

Back