how to route transom transducer wire with engine bracket??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishmanjs

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience or recommendations how to route transom mount cable on my 2510xl: should I drill a hole above the engine bracket/swim platform and go "around" the platform to the transducer? Or, can I drill the hole just below the bracket/swim platform -- where it will only be a few inches above the water line? I'd like to do the latter but will I be high enough above the water line?

Thank you for any advice out there!

JOE

*following .... I may have the same dilemma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed my Structure Scan 3d transducer recently. It’s a large (1-5/16”) hole. It’s above the waterline and below the bracket.
48e5c11a0e9af523cb119234fdce3f2e.jpg

This is what i did with mine. drilled hole for cable through bracket and inserted a grommet in hole. hole in transom goes through just under fish box.

For some electronics it’s not possible and a stern mount is the only option. I’m planning on adding a Fish Hawk X4 and a transom mount transducer is all that’s available.

No pictures available but I did what Fannin did and routed the transducer cable along the side of the tub and passed thru the transom just under the bracket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

was not an option in my case, fishhawk, structure scan and vexilar wi-fi transducers are stern mount only. plus holes in stern where there when i bought the boat just re routed them through the bracket instead of around it.

lowrance structure scan ducer like the one in fannin's photo.

Fish Hawk x4 is a speed and temperature probe used on the greatlakes. The probe is lowered on a downrigger and the data is transferred to a display via a stern mounted transducer. The point he was trying to make, is thru hull transducers are not available for all marine electronics.

Is it possible to route a transom transducer cable up to the engine and back through the engine rigging tube? The cable could be secured to the bracket with something like weld mount cable tie blocks and zip ties. That would be a way to avoid another hole in the transom, especially a hole below the water line.

captmatt":3ayifyxt said:
Is it possible to route a transom transducer cable up to the engine and back through the engine rigging tube? The cable could be secured to the bracket with something like weld mount cable tie blocks and zip ties. That would be a way to avoid another hole in the transom, especially a hole below the water line.

Routing transducer next to other power cables is not recommended. They can pick up interference and affect the signal.

Back