I/O vs Outboard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally found a thread with an Parker I/O owner. Just bought (Stole) a 1995 2510 MV with 2017 Volvo 5.0 GXi with 80 hours on it. I jumped from a 1998 Sea Pro 210 WA with a Mercruiser and Alpha 1 outdrive. Comparing both from an engine standpoint the room around the Volvo is, for me anyway, awesome. Ya I know I loose deck space, and yes Volvo parts are expensive but this is our summer house and we spend an awful lot of time on the water.

I do have to replace the fuel cell and possibly sent out the injectors for service due to the paint delaminating in the cell and gumming up the works. Not cheap but could have been less work if owner had been watching. Why Volvo would paint inside a fuel cell is beyond me and to his day keep doing so is a little neglagent. Oh well

Just slapped on Lenco 9x24 tabs, as from my reading the MV hull is a little hard in snotty weather and the should help.

If anyone knows where to find a replacement engine cover cushion I would appreciate the info. One I have is rotted out..

Hello Clonboy. I had a local fabric or vinyl shop make an engine cover cushion. Otherwise contact your local Parker dealer on Cape Cod.

Dana

The one I looking at is fresh water cooled which would help with saltwater corrosion.

Note that the exhaust manifolds and risers still have saltwater run thru them to cool them.....Thus they need to be changed every 3 to 4 years.....See if you can get them off without breaking the bolts off....:)

Latest posts

Back