In hull transducer on an 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed an airmar M285HW in hull transducer in my 2310. Works great and I didn't have to put a hole in my boat to install it! It's a 1kw transducer, high wide, chirp. $600 I think. I have a separate temperature sensor that was already installed on the boat so the decision was easy for me.

I’ll be getting my new 1801 shortly and I was thinking of installing an in hull transducer would appreciate if anybody has any recommendations or guidance thanks in advance
Thank you all for the feedback and kind guidance I have chosen to go with the transom mounted transducer and I’m going to use a stern saver again thank you all!

This is the airmar type I had on my tug. No tank per se. The unit has a "cup" that gets adhered to the hull and then you fill the cup with antifreeze and install transducer at proper angle into the cup. It works fine as long as the cup stays sealed to the hull so fluid won't leak out. It has to be mounted in the proper spot and you won't get water temperature. AIRMAR

P79 is a 600watt X ducer......They "Can" be a pain to dial in on the deadrise and they can leak....Usually this is because its hard to get to on some installs.

Yellow box is a 1000w X ducer......Put ANY Xducer in the wrong spot and have bubbles roll across the hull and you will get interference.... Yellow box does not prevent it.

Back