Install cost of Windlass

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well since I won't be able to walk now till around Sept,I have to hire someone to install the windlass instead of me attempting the task.
I got a price today from Good Windlass
2637.00 installed....................
I spoke to someone that can do it,and hopefully I'm going to order Windlass online and then move boat to someplace that he can install.I just got back from my marina and asked if I could have it installed @ the dock,he said no.(Soon I'm going to say F%^&*) but that's another thread.
I'm going to order the 700 freefall and 300' of rode with chain and be done with it,hopefully I'll be walking in time for fall bass season :oops: :oops:
Hopefully when I'm getting operated on in another week or so the "Not So Lucky John" can fashion a new windlass.

Ordered the Lewmar Pro Fish 700 free fall with 300' of rode.I will call the rigger in the am and find out when he wants to do it.
I figure 930 for windlass and rode,and hopefully 600 or less for install.At 15-16 hundred,that's alot cheaper than 2600+ from Good.It might be a good windlass,but not worth an extra 11-12 hundred,unless it was going to heal my torn quadricep tendon.................... :roll:

Got my windlass installed over the weekend.The rigger I used did a "factory" job,everything neat as a pin.Cost of everything was just under 1600, I got a great deal,now I don't have to worry fishing the white water for bass this fall.Used the boat today for first time since 5/21,i'm a very happy camper right now. :D
As soon as I remember to bring my camera,I'll post a couple shots :)

Finally remembered my camera.Here's some pics of the install :D

Attachments

• windlass pics001 (Small).JPG
    windlass pics001 (Small).JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 5,065
  • windlass pics002 (Small).JPG
    windlass pics002 (Small).JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 5,065
  • windlass pics003 (Small).JPG
    windlass pics003 (Small).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 5,064
  • windlass pics004 (Small).JPG